Help w/Grow Room Heat Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokinmarine2008

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I am currently working on getting a room setup in a closet i have. Its dimensions are 58x36x80. I have one 400W MH in there currently and with the door closed temps are reaching 100 degrees. i know i need some kind of ventilation, my question is what kind of ventilation would be good for a closet that size, and where would i pull and exhaust from. There are not any windows nearby as the closet is in the middle of the apartment in a bedroom. Any help would be appreciated, and i will try and post some pictures to help with the ideas... Thanks....:rolleyes::confused:

Get some pics up asap so we can see what were working with. ;) Sounds like ya might have to vent out your closet door or something. Get some pics up and lets see what we can do for ya. :hubba:

Set up some sort of fan system, add some flexi ducts to keep the light out. Voila. One outtake at top (heat rises and escapes) one intake at bottom (sucking cold air from bottom of room.)

Hope I helped ya man! With a HPS you NEED ventilation. Well, ANY grow needs ventilation and fresh oxygen. Just as much as water! ;)

a friend of mine lives in an apartment and grows in a closet also.instead of screwing up the walls or door,he went to a salvage place and bought a door that he cut vent holes in the top and the bottom for venting in and out.works for him.about the same dimensions also.if he moves he can just throw the 15 dollar door away and put the original door back up.

I have a similar setup; I had to punch a hole in the ceiling and vent into the attic....it caused no more damage than a 8" hole and will be easily repaired for just a few dollars.

I tried leaving the door partially open and setting a fan directed into the space, but it just moved the hot air around.

Yea, I was thinking about punching into the ceiling, but the only problem with that is I have neighbors above me. The closet door sounds like a good idea though, then I don't have to worry about screwing up the walls. Anyways, i will get some pictures up tonight of what the space looks like... Not currently trying to grow anything as i would rather have a smoothly operating space down before i attempted that. Thanks for now...:confused: Pics to follow

Can't wait for them pics! Let us know how funny the door looks, it probably won't even match LOL!

Latest posts

Back