help with building a hydroponics system.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rb2006

Reaction score
Ebb & Gro Controller Unit, complete with (2) pumps, 3.5 Gallon Reservoir. I found this on a websight and was wondering if anyone had any good diagrams on how to build this yoursel. A websight or thread. Thanks

2073_1.jpg

Well what you see in that pic is IT. I haven't used one of those but I would bet that the two hoses are at different levels. Probably one pump (fill) takes nutrient solution from the bottom of the tank and runs long enough to fill the pots. I guess there is a level detector in one pot attached to a small controller that switches the pumps on and off. So the FILL pump will run until 'pot full' is detected. Then that pump will switch off and the other one will then switch on and empty the pots into the top of the reservoir. You could probably modify it to fill/empty horizontal 4" PVA pipe if you wanted a big rig.

And the price is?

rb2006 said:
Ebb & Gro Controller Unit, complete with (2) pumps, 3.5 Gallon Reservoir. I found this on a websight and was wondering if anyone had any good diagrams on how to build this yoursel. A websight or thread. Thanks

Man the easyest thing to make yourself is a WATERFARM Its a 3.5 gallon bucket inside a 5 gallon bucket, you can make it all connected like in your picture, youll need a drill bit that can do 11/16, drill holes on the vary bottom of the side of each bucket as you would see in a waterfarm bucket where the water level hose goes in, then go to your local hydro shop and buy a waterfarm kit ( or you can make on your own, i never have), then drill small holes on the bottom of the 3.5 gallon buckets all over the bottom, and have a hole that can fit the PVC pipe on the waterfarm kit very snug, you can have them all connected to a big rubbermaid container for example, but it would be a whole lot easyer just to make them individual buckets, youll love it once some buckets need to be pulled out and some dont it makes it a lot easyer, everything you need is in the waterfarm kit, and its a lot easyer to make then the EBB and Gro
Gook Luck!!!! ;)

Buckets:hxxp://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=383&navid=48
The water farm kit is made by general hydroponics, you should be able to get it at any hydro shop

Change the xx to tt on the link :)

whiterussian said:
Man the easyest thing to make yourself is a WATERFARM Its a 3.5 gallon bucket inside a 5 gallon bucket, you can make it all connected like in your picture, youll need a drill bit that can do 11/16, drill holes on the vary bottom of the side of each bucket as you would see in a waterfarm bucket where the water level hose goes in, then go to your local hydro shop and buy a waterfarm kit ( or you can make on your own, i never have), then drill small holes on the bottom of the 3.5 gallon buckets all over the bottom, and have a hole that can fit the PVC pipe on the waterfarm kit very snug, you can have them all connected to a big rubbermaid container for example, but it would be a whole lot easyer just to make them individual buckets, youll love it once some buckets need to be pulled out and some dont it makes it a lot easyer, everything you need is in the waterfarm kit, and its a lot easyer to make then the EBB and Gro
Gook Luck!!!! ;)

Buckets:hxxp://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=383&navid=48
The water farm kit is made by general hydroponics, you should be able to get it at any hydro shop

Change the xx to tt on the link :)

Do you know if the 3.5 & 5 Gallon Bucket Lids will fit any standard 5 gallon bucket? Ahd thanks for the info. :D

growdude is the one to ask about the water farm.hes growing in a similar setup.i use separate 5 gal buckets,but basically the same thing.

rb2006 said:
Do you know if the 3.5 & 5 Gallon Bucket Lids will fit any standard 5 gallon bucket? Ahd thanks for the info. :D
yes the lids on the site for the 5 gallon buckets will fit

Latest posts

Back