Help with curling and twisting please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KushBlower12

Smoke em' if ya got em'
Reaction score
I found a few spidermites 5 days ago and used neem oil twice since then. Yesterday I rinsed the leaves the leaves with ph'd water and 1/4 nutes. Ive noticed a dramatic decrease in the mites and eggs, but soon after my leaves started to curl under, and a few twisted and dried up. Is this from the neem and water? Am I foliar washing too much? I accidently posted this in my grow journal so I cant repost my pics but theyre in there under "new batch". Thanks alot everyone. I have alot of nice clones and I really dont want to lose them

howdy Kush, my clones sometimes have one or two leaf fingers twist and dry...not sure why but its only happened to a few clones each batch and i treat them all the same...dipped in neem before they go to the room, so it may contribute to it.

Are you using the water with the lights on? If so that is probably your problem.

Hey buddyluv, do you mean dont foliar with the lights on? Its not causing burning or anything. But you think thats whats causing this? Spidermites dont cause curling and twisting do they?

KushBlower12 said:
Hey buddyluv, do you mean dont foliar with the lights on? Its not causing burning or anything. But you think thats whats causing this? Spidermites dont cause curling and twisting do they?

You are not suppose to foliar feed with the lights on. I have been told to do it when the lights go off. I believe the water acts as a magnifying glass and cooks the plant from the inside out.

Ive never had a problem with it before but I will definietly try this and see if it helps. Thanks bud

I read somewhere that twisting leaves was a sign of high stress. You need to investigate that.

Do you let any light in during lights off period? Have you lsted or topped recently? Supercropped?

It also my just be from the clones trying to root. What are you rooting them in a light formula like a seedling starter or what?

To clarify, they are clones I bought. They have been in supersoil with 30% perlite for 2 weeks now.

Since Ive had them, the lights have been on for 24/7. I have not Lst'd, topped or supercropped. Ive been very gentle on them as Ive been trying to avoid stress during this early stage. Could it be from the neem oil? I heard that the oil clogs the plants pores and it cant breathe. But I dont know about that. Maybe just the stress from the mites? It seems like the new growth is wanting to curl under. I doubt its a nute disorder. I really appreciate the help

feeding organics with the light off can cause mold....ever fed with fish emoulsion when the lights go out? wake p to fuzz! i wouldnt recommend it... the burning would only be a big deal with very high intensity bulb(s) or potent nutrient solution. smaller single light setups wouldnt be an issue or cause the curling. it could be a humidity issue. have you fed them at all? whats the ph? what kind of light....theres so many variables!

let us know!

yeah if they are that young it could be a million things. We would really need a whole bunch of info and pics of said disorder.

trillions of atoms said:
feeding organics with the light off can cause mold....ever fed with fish emoulsion when the lights go out? wake p to fuzz! i wouldnt recommend it... the burning would only be a big deal with very high intensity bulb(s) or potent nutrient solution. smaller single light setups wouldnt be an issue or cause the curling. it could be a humidity issue. have you fed them at all? whats the ph? what kind of light....theres so many variables!

let us know!
my humidity has been 70's and 80's in my veg room this summer...could be a contribution to freak leaves also

Latest posts

Back