Heres My Story Hopefully Grow Log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middieman440

i am unknown
Reaction score
so my story goes like this..i just germed 3 of these non fem auto ak/AUTO blueberry seeds in hopes of a male and female...well i germed them for 2 days they cracked open and so i put them in my soil"jiffy seed starting mix"but this will be used for entire grow..i also added bone meal to the mix at a 1-10-0 ratio...i planted them on 3/3/09...i waterd the soil till it was wet just in the middle of the pot before i planted..its not soaking wet just wet..my grow area is an extra bedroom and using the corner of the room...my lights are 23 watt cfls 6 of them and one 42 watt cfl and the pots are 3 gallons..now none of them popped through the soil yet but me being stupid i poked threw the soil to check them, all is good they are like stuck in the soil so i went no further..but i did notice the taproot being a purplish color??good/bad i dont know...and also at first i had the lights on them but have turned them off only leaveing a small daylight cfl going..now thats everything i can think of really so now onto my questions..

1.the description from the site i got them from said they have a fruity smell but i would like to know how do they smell during the growing stage..skunky,berry,or plantish....

2.would 3 plants be over powering with smell/odor

3.this is my 1st time ever growing inside how do i keep things from getting moldy..

4. any and all info would be accepted...and im not able to really buy anything more except stuff from wal-mart

5.this grow is to just make seeds plus have a bit of smoke...how should i do that without leaving the males in there the whole time..

thanks for reading and answearing my questions

1st of all you can use the jiffy mix starting soil for starting after it starts then you will want to transplant into a good organic soil. The bone meal may be a little to strong for the seedlings to start out with. You useually don't use any ferts to start seeds with that may be why your tap root is purple. Or it could just be the strain your growing. But I have never seen a tap root any other color than white. 2nd turn ALL your lights ON you can run your lights 24/7 while they are starting and all through vegg. 3rd if you are using the corner of a bed room you need to box in a 3x3 area this will help keep light in on the plants and not escaping into the rest of the room. What do you plan on using to flower with, the same lights? If so then you will need to get more lights. But you will fair alot better if you use a HPS light to flower with. A 3x3 area would use a 400 watt HPS. Your goal on lights would be 5000 lumens per sqaure foot of grow space. You will also need fresh air intake and need exhaust fans and oscilating fan blowing on the plants. Also a must for all MJ growers is a PH meter. In my opinion PH is the most important thing when it come to growing MJ if the PH is not right then your wasting your time and killing or harming the plant. But there are basics to plant growing Fresh air, Lights, Water, Food, PH and Temps. Once you get these dialed in then your on your way. Now on to your questions. 1 yes your plants will smell during vegg and flower periods. What mells you may smell are earthy tones, depending on soil used, the smell of MJ it'self, but the strong smells come on when they're in flowering stage. Look in the DIY section on how to build a carbon filter you can get everything you need at Wal-Mart for it. This will help reduce the smells. 2nd question yes 3 plants will smell thats why you will need a carbon filter on your exaust fan. 3rd question keep an oscilating fan on your plants and keep the humidity around 50% or so in your grow area. High humidity will cause mold in you grow room. Plus the plants need the fan to grow strong stems and branches. Ok as far as making seed In my opinion you would be better off just cloning rather than trying to breed seeds. The reason I say this is because your new to growing and if you breed a plant then it ends up being a hermi plant you will carry those genitics into your new seed and they will be worthless. Also by cloning you will know that every plant you have is a female. But all you need to do is research and read, read, read. And then do more reading there is alot of good info and good people in here that will answer any and all questions you have. Just remember growing plants it's not rocket science but it is basic science. Hope I've help you get on your way...take care..

thanks for the advise....but i have no money to buy anymore equipmant..except cfl lights wich from seeing here is good to go with...i forget to mention that the area is blocked off on all sections except for the top its somewhat open with one fan on top and smaller one on bottom..im not new to growing i grown outdoors for quite some time with good sucsess..the bone meal i only added like a teaspoon full of it to the 3 pots.when im at work i will look for ph meter??but will keep updates thanks for info

ok at work last night i found ph strip meters for fishtanks....do i use these,in the lawn n garden center theres nothing....and i also bought 2 more daylight lights at 6500k and i mixed them with 23 watt "100" soft white..i plan on keeping these in for about 4 weeks to get as many bud sites as possible then will replace with all flowering cfl's...and as of today they poped threw the soil about an inch and on all 3 the shell came off. and one already is showing those pointy leafs...so i guess life has begun for these green boogers well pics will come soon i still need to adjust some stuff on the setup...and one question i have turtles and i often let there water get algae can i feed them this water since it does have nutes in it mainly nitrogen?

I would not introduce alge into your grow bad ideal IMO. You can use the strips to check PH of your water but I find them not to be too reliable. I personaly use a 5 gallon bucket with a bubble stone running in it for 48 hours then check PH and ajust as needed I keep my water at 6.5 PH. Or you can use distilled water and PH it if needed. As for your cfl lights never used them to flower with but I do use them to veg and keep my mothers with. But there are a few people on here that use them from start to finish with decent results. Just search CFL grows. Ferts I use Fox Farm soil and ferts. I don't know what you are going to use but if I were you I would stay away from MG. It is hard to control their products in containers for growing MJ. JMO...take care..

ok well i cant find any soil ph testers or anything really..so my setup now has a fan though..set on low..the plants are still very very small...i never grew auto's before so thats probably why i think there small..i just set my timer up for 20/4 had it 24hrs till today...out of the 3 i have going one has a thick stem the others normal...im not going to water anymore as the middle of my pots are still moist so im going to hold off on watering for 2 days maybe spray with a fine mist here and there..on 1 of the plants the 1st and only set of leaves are starting to point upwards..and the stems are about 2 inches high..is this normal since they are only 5 days old..how much longer does it take to start showing sex...i so hope i have a female i really do...well im gonna find my camera and see what type of batteries it takes and upload some pics...

my pics planted on 3/3/09..are they looking good or no..the second set of leaves are starting to form but you cant see in the pics..soil looks dry but below the surface it is moist...any info or comments would be cool..dont mind the ghetto setup still a work in progress..im running 2 23 watt daylight cfls 2 26 watt soft whites and one 42 watt soft white and one small daylight cfl unknown watt...no nutes besides the bonemeal i added before planting...

small.JPG

sma112.JPG

plants 004.jpg

:confused: im thinking these are not auto's :( since all these other threads i see if im reading correctly that for 5 days old they all have like 3 sets of leaves hmmm kinda upset now :hubba:

middieman440 said:
:confused: im thinking these are not auto's :( since all these other threads i see if im reading correctly that for 5 days old they all have like 3 sets of leaves hmmm kinda upset now :hubba:

Hey MM, I think any problem you might have is going to be light related. But, I'm also not familiar w/ this strain either. Yours look like mine today and I planted 4 different strains on 3/5 IIRC (link below and I will update pics in a few days).

SirTokie offered some very sage advice BTW.

Anyway, if there's anyway for you to increase the light, your plants (and you!) will be happier. Otherwise, I would be more philosophical about things, and accept that w/ only this amount of light, things will never be optimal but w/care and nurture you will still realize some positive results. If they start to stretch and the stem gets elongated, you'll know for sure.

Good luck though!

Cheers,

hey moto thanks for the reply...nice avatar pic things i ride also 08 cbr600rr...as for the plants the stem is only -id say just above 1 inch..but they have new growth.1st leaves are much bigger and second set is coming out more.and things are starting to pick up a bit..as for lights i will be adding them as i need them...i actually just replaced 2 soft whites with 2 daylights..26 watt cfl..so i will see how this goess till about friday...then maybe add more lights if needed...thanks for info

Latest posts

Back