Hermaphrodites[sp]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lillift

Reaction score
I have a 2 part question [1]- I only have on in the group and am taking the time to pluck the early signs of the male pods, so far so good-will the plucking affect the remaining buds in a bad way? [2] Is the pollen as potent as a full male plant?:confused:

kill it if you have females flowering with it. once the buds start to swell it will be real hard to see all the pollen sacks. i wouldn't risk my females for a hermie. jmo.

if it's a male, it's only about as good as the pollen it produces... now if it's a hermi... it should be destroyed if it's not the only plant you have.

the pollen from a hermi should not be used to create seeds with.

how do you prevent getting a hermaphrodite, i mean how does that happen?

it can either be in the gentics or it can be caused by stress to the plant. if i understand it correctly.

I think for me it is genetic as it is a constant problem however the non-herms are excellent.

i think the bagseeds produce alot of hermies but thats just from what i've seen growing large amounts of them. i think that most of the large out door grows ( atleast mine) produce alot of hermies. so its in the genetics of the next crop i grow. anyone thats ever tried to walk a big patch looking for males and hermies knows how hard it is to hind everyone. so i just assume that all the seeds from my outdoor plants could be hermies.

Latest posts

Back