Hermie stress???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lillift

Reaction score
What types of stress will turn a plant, I need to learn more as this is becoming a common occurance and I don't like it.:cool:

Light leaks during the dark period would do it. Very high temps could do it too.

and of course .... hermie seeds. Where did you get your seeds from ?

A damaged plant can also do it, I had a young fem that had 3 leaves taken off by a snail and it turned hermie.

..."ANYTHING" the stresses the plant.. CAN induce hermies. The determining factor is not "what", but "how much", IMO.
The stability of the genetics are the most prevelant factor IMO.

My wife said Punk Rock stresses the plants... They like "classical music" - she read somewhere....
Well I hope it's not that cause I'll never be able to grow Stress Free plants :D

My two plants turned hermies - Now I've got seeds all over...
Good luck next time :D

see i actualy heard the opposite about music.. mythbusters done a side by side grow playing different music for each control group and one with no music the plants being played rock or a fast paced music grow almost twice as big in the same amount of time. but it wasn't mj. its was T.V. so who knows really.

slowmo77 said:
see i actualy heard the opposite about music.. mythbusters done a side by side grow playing different music for each control group and one with no music the plants being played rock or a fast paced music grow almost twice as big in the same amount of time. but it wasn't mj. its was T.V. so who knows really.
hee hee.. I'll bet country music makes 'em want to cry in their beer... :p

theres a tear in my beer cause in cryin for ya dear.. haha. lol.

Runbyhemp I bred them myself Slyder/Fat Skunk. I have been renovating my house and do have some light leaks so I will tighten things up.:D As for the rest of you good stuff loves the Willie Nelson tunes:p :p :p

i've learned recently that puttin a plant into veg and pulling it out after sexing can cause it, as well as a broken limb, two plants two hermies. live and learn.

What can also cause plants to herm constant enviromental changes such as temp and humidity. I have read that sometimes in an all female plant enviroment that they can sense no males present and in an effort to further the species and wanting to reproduce that a plant will grow a couple pollen sacs and pollinate itself.

Latest posts

Back