Skywalker Triploid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Necromancer

"Life is pain, Princess."
Reaction score
Was digging through my bag of beans and stumbled upon some old Mephisto horseshit. Some stressed Skywalker auto managed to pollinate itself and I had a few beans. I lost one, these two are what's left and one is a sweet triploid so we'll document and see what unfolds.

My blueberry will be in veg for a while so I got time to see where these go.
212858.jpg

Last edited:
Can you give us a teaching moment and explain this method. I know it is a type of training. I pretty much want to learn everything I can. Thanks
No problem. Basically it boils down to a form of manifolding or main-lining. Some people dislike the term main-lining so manifolding is used as well. I am doing this with my 4 blueberry in my other tent and there are variations to it. In a mainline, all tops are approximately the same distance from the main trunk. The plant is topped at a young age to help break apical dominance and create two tops where there was once only one. As the plant grows out a few more nodes, you can strip the branch and top it again. This time you have 4 tops, let it grow a bit more, top again, 8 tops and so on and so on.

But like I mentioned earlier, there a variations. I like 8 tops, but I also like 10-12 tops, so sometimes I let a few extra nodes grow out, or I lose entire side branch or I may want to do two pair of branches instead of just the traditional 1 pair to initiate the mainline. You can do it however you feel like and the more veg time you have, the more intricate you can be. Cannabis manifolding is the search term you want to start with to go more in depth. It is a fun way to grow but in soil it tends to go a little slower than if I were irrigating in a soilless media.

This is how it starts. I like to wait until about 6 nodes and the plant is growing strong.
122643.jpg

Then top down to the 2nd/3rd node or whatever you want. Clean up the other nodes and you only have the two chutes which now become your two tops.
092022.jpg

122718.jpg

Then you grow those two tops out laterally to begin forming your base.
133400.jpg
Let it grow, top it again and you have your 8 tops here in a traditional mainline.
065822.jpg

Once you reach this point you just kinda space out the tops and let it go. The shape of the plant allows for airflow and light penetration. It's just not a fast way to grow. You gotta have some patience.
If I am feeling fancy I will toss in a modified tomato cage for support and flip to flower when they hit the ring.
20211114_183610.jpg

071645.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back