Hi temps need suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lTizZLel

Tony the tyga
Reaction score
I am growing on the garage... Built a separate area in the garage to grow. My temps in the summer can hit 100 easily was wondering what I can do to keep it cool was thinking of insulating the walls of the separate room but still need to get some cool air flowing

Small AC unit would work.
Or could uses up-facing fans that will draw the air off the concrete and blow up.
I got a cheap little air purifier from walmart or someplace one time. About like a Quaker Oats container. Drew air in right around the base and blew strait up. Something like that could make a dent in the temps being so high.

What size is the space?
How many watts are you running?
What kind of ventilation are you using?

I be usin small air conditioner riged up in room and exhausts out me chimney works like a charm.

BWD

I like to hoard craigslist A/Cs that are 10k BTU+ and have the dehumidify option lol. Get a couple for like 75$ and hold onto them. Cause every year or 2 you will need to replace it.

IN MY GARAGE i exhaust the a/c into the garage so it can get hot in there. Then i am sucking hot air into my grow from my intake. So to fix this i run CO2, turn down my intake to low to keep the cold air in the room, and put the a/c on dehumidify. It keeps the garden at 75-80 with lights on and RH under 60%.

I got a 4x6 and 7 ft tall i am exhausting straight to the attic. So you think by just puttin some fans going straight up will keep it a lot cooler? Texas summer heat can reach 110 at peak time

Fans going up isnt going to remove the heat.

Can you explain your system more?

DO you have the fan before or after the lamp? IS it sucking or blowing into the hood? Do you even have a hood or is it a wing?

More input. Need more input.

I have a 4x6 split in half for veg an flower that turns into a 4x3x7 ft tall. Don't have a hood it's a wing... In the flower room I have squirrel cage fan that sucks up into the attic and just have reg fans blowing in the veg circulating the air. I was thinking about insulating the walls where I grow and try to find a little cheap air conditioner to blow cool air on the floor and have it try to exhaust out the squirrel cage

Well i tell you this...if you insulate, get an A/C on the floor, and get a ventilated hood that you suck from at the cieling...your problems will likely be non existant.:D

OGKushman said:
Well i tell you this...if you insulate, get an A/C on the floor, and get a ventilated hood that you suck from at the cieling...your problems will likely be non existant.:D

:yeahthat:

Do you know how much a little ac will cost and how it cost to run? And what's the average price for a vented hood

You can find those little ACs for around 100 at places. I got one for my shed for like 85 on sale at Walmart.
Doesnt cost really anything to run. Small space like that youd probably just keep it on a low setting and temp.
My shed is like 30x12 and it cools it down to a point its bearable during hot humid days.

Craigslist has 6000 btu a/c for 50$ all the time. :D

How often are you replacing the ice? Seems to me you'd be replacing it once or twice every 3-4 days. Big bag of ice is $4 around here. Could get pricey. :eek:

getnasty said:
How often are you replacing the ice? Seems to me you'd be replacing it once or twice every 3-4 days. Big bag of ice is $4 around here. Could get pricey. :eek:

ice machine on fridge....its free...and c'mon...lol..fill a pot with water the night b4 and freeze it...lol...pay for ice...if you want...gotta be more of a MacGyver with this growing thang...!

You're still paying for the water to make the ice, either way. lol. PRobably considerably less. But either way, I don't have enough space in my freezer, personally, to have that much ice on hand at all times and/or a pot of frozen water in there. ;P

getnasty said:
You're still paying for the water to make the ice, either way. lol. PRobably considerably less. But either way, I don't have enough space in my freezer, personally, to have that much ice on hand at all times and/or a pot of frozen water in there. ;P

it cost to grow!

trick is to find the lea$t way possible without cutting corners

Latest posts

Back