hieght outside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hades

Reaction score
I know of this mj plant that was grown for 2 months inside and then put outside in mid april. The plant is 6 foot 5 inches right now and seeing as its only late into may how big can some one expect this beast to get?

hey hades, well that depends on the strain, but if its a sativa indica mix that will be ready for harvest in september it will probaly still grow a couple of feet, so you will have a huge plant there!!! if u dont want it to get that big u might wanna tie down the branches so it grows more horizontily than verticaly. happy growing

this is just me but mine usualy get 5 to 10 foot tall last year i my biggest one was a little over 7 but ive seen my bro grow one that was oh most 10 foot tall like a tree lol only time will tell man

baba_alla said:
hey hades, well that depends on the strain, but if its a sativa indica mix that will be ready for harvest in september it will probaly still grow a couple of feet, so you will have a huge plant there!!! if u dont want it to get that big u might wanna tie down the branches so it grows more horizontily than verticaly. happy growing

does tie down braches really makes it shorter?

bkane said:
does tie down braches really makes it shorter?

You tie them down to the ground to and grow them along the ground as opposed to being really tall. Tieing them down makes them harder to spot both by helicopters and humans.

You can always top the plant if you dont want the plant to get bigger. Just snap the top out of it when it is a few feet high and you will have 2 new colas. This will make the plant bushier and lower to the ground. I prefer these because of security issues.

I am hesitant to tie my plant down because I have never done that before and it would be obsvious to anyone who should happen to cross it that it is indeed someones plant. I have the plant positioned on a high bank that is quite difficult to see unless you know where to look. I think I will just let it grow for two reasons. 1) I am curius how tall this plant will get, I imagine a 10-12 foot plant yields quite alot of bud 2) I dont want to inadvertantly ruin the plant. I can definetely see myself tieing it down and then have the stem break.

can i limit the plant size by giving them a medium size pot?

i dont think that is possible, if you put it in a smaller pot than needed then it will get rootbound and probably die. they will fight each other for food and never win.

You can get more bud by topping the plant, while keeping it small and bushy. Topping it will form new colas as well as give the bottom limbs a chance to grow quicker, thus more bud.

my plants are about 3 months old. I dont know how to top it. just cut the top off and that'll do it?

Look and see the "new growth area" on the top of the plant. It will be like a little shoot that comes out between the 2 newest leaves. Pinch that off.

im glad you said that TSI, i was doing that and wasnt sure if i was doing it right. i thought i had to cut maybe beneath the topmost developed node. but im doing it right. is FIMing just softening the stem to let it flop over on a right angle?

Latest posts

Back