High

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twitch

Reaction score
Am new to growing and this is what I'm doing.
Am building a small grow room in a walk in closet in my home.
Will be approx. 6ft.tall x 50inchs.wide x 2 feet deep. Will be using Deep Water Culture and starting with clones from Northern Lights.
Starting with HPS 250 watt on flowering side and 4 T5 100 watt total on cloning/vegging side for now.
Will also be getting 4 in vent fan with charcoal venting in ceiling.
Any suggestions as to how room could be set up/divided would be appreciated

Cheap solution: Use a shower rail and Panda film as a divider, then you can move it as necessary, quickly and easily. Hang your T5 cluster on chains on one side and the HPS could be put on a vertical chrome tube the type they sell in Home Despot using a clamp of whatever type you can find, even just a worm clip with a right-angle bracket would work. That's a low cost solution and I'm sure there will be ppl here who can come up with some better ideas.

Welcome to the adventure twitch,
Sounds like your on the right path to me dude. Your putting everything together with your brain first. When you are actually up and running, allow it to cycle for a couple days, and fine tune during that time of testing.
Your going to love it here as you can teach as well as learn. Please peruse the site rules, they are easy to run with and they are few. Bring a good sense of the Ha-Ha's when you come visiting , and in the meantime we will spark one in your honor. :bong1:

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna :cool:

Thank you gentleman;
That's a good way of looking at it, a new adventure.
Hope to learn from here, and have a friend in my home state who has been doing this for a few years who is also helping set me up, but it never hurts to look around and research things.
I am on two
other forums on a regular basis, but they are Amsterdam related, so won't get into that here until I know rules better.
Anyway, thanks again, looks like a very interesting forum.
Peace; twitch ( notice it is not capitalized, I have epilepsy and is a joke on myself )

Welcome Twitch.... ( I capitolized..... stilla name LOL)

As KK said.... get your room up and running a day or 2 and the temp swings.. MAKE sure all is well in there.... If you have Humidity meters and all....... the more you can set up a room before you are using it adn get it stable the better you are off.... no sense in losong a whole grow or a half grow cause something screwed up the last week......

Growing is an art and a LOVE........ The more you love it... the better you will be....

... but you can love it too much hehehhe

This is what I have so far in the way of equipment
250 Watt Hydro-Farm DayStar Ac Light and Lumatek ballast,a row of 4 T5's, and a cabinet that is being modifeied to fit in closet.
Thid=s is what I will be perchasing in the next few weeks before clones are ready again for me.

Check list of things for your closet

Lights you’ve got....check. You’ll need chain and S-hooks to hang lights.

Buckets for plants.....5 gallon buckets from Home Depot and Black Duct Tape to cover outside of buckets
2 buckets for flowers...1 bucket for Mom....2 extra buckets to have on hand when changing your Nutes, for a total of 5 buckets.
You’ll need 3 sleeves to hold the rock for you plants.
10lbs. of Grow rock for your plants
5- 90 degree barbs, 5 grommets and 5 feet of clear tubing to be able to check water level.
3 air pumps.....3-5" air stones and 25 feet of tubing for air stones and pumps.
Clear Silicone caulking to put around grommets to seal out leaks.

2- strip plugs....1 for flower side ....1 for Mom side.
25 feet of 4" insulated ducting to remove heat and smell
2- 4" ducting flanges
4" charcoal filter to remove smell
4" Vortex exhaust fan to remove heat and smell
2-small fans to circulate air in flower side and mom side.
Timers for your lights, exhaust fan and air fans.

Nutrients;
1 Quart each of General Hydroponics Nutes:
Micro
Grow
Bloom
1 pint of Root 66
For later stages of flowering you’ll need some Beastie Bloom and Cha Ching. (I’ll explain
to you later when to add.)
Minimum 50ml beaker to measure your nutes..
2-5 gallon water bottles to get GOOD R/O water for plants.
I’ll bring over the formula I use for my plants when your ready to start-up.

Want to have it up and running well so that when I go on vacation to Amsterdam in April I won't have to worry about it.

welcome aboard.the home of those with a quest to be the best.

twitch said:
5- 90 degree barbs, 5 grommets and 5 feet of clear tubing to be able to check water level.

Wow--It sounds like you have done your homework and have all your ducks in a row. The only suggestion I have is to forget putting in clear tubing to check the water level. This is just a place to leak. And because the tube is clear, algae will eventually grow in there and it makes it difficult to see the water level anyway. After you have a couple of grows under your belt, you get a real good feel for what your girls will drink. When I'm in doubt, I usually just lift the bucket to see how heavy it feels.

Have finally got it started. Am not very good at putting things together so have to wait on my friend to put it together for me.
He did the base yesterday. It's primary purpose is to make it taller as the unit was already made and was only about four feet tall.
He had torn it apart before knowing about this little project so now will be able to put back modifications.
Still thinking about how we will divide it and use air cool feature of DayStar.
Will get some pics up in day or two.

Latest posts

Back