Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchick832

Reaction score
My plants have finally sexed. I didn't really need them to, since I pretty much knew that my tall skinny ones were males, but I'm glad I finally have some confirmation.

I have one female, and two males. I don't know what strains they are since they are bagseed, but the female smells kinda lemony and minty while the males smell very skunky.

To up my female count I have decided to go ahead and take three cuttings from the female. So, as of right now, I have one momma and three little baby clones.

I know that the point of having the females is to not have seed in your bud, but I have decided to go ahead and breed once, so that I have my own strain. I haven't decided on a name yet.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that my clones pull through this time. In the past when I have tried to clone they didn't survive for very long. The clones have been in soil outside for 8 hours now and there is no sign of shock or wilting.

I tell ya, I didn't believe it at first, but growing outside makes all the difference in the world. I was thinking of moving my plants inside because of the security issues, but I realized that my atrium is so narrow, and my plants are still pretty small, so I'm really not worried about them getting spotted. Once they get bigger though I'll have to find a way to camoflouge them.

~Metalchick :shocked:

Way to go!!!

To confirm sex check this...
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17011

Make sure for cloning you have used a rooting compound and it is advisable to but a plastic bottle or dome or similar over them like a mini greenhouse to keep the humidity in. But dont let them stew in the hot sun. Ideally 70's is fine. Better cloning inside if it is too hot.

It is possible to just carefully dust a lower flower with pollen on a make up brush. then only that flower/bud will seed.

good luck

Nico

There was a "how to" video on here somewhere that showed a method using a bread bag. Put male flowers/pollen inside bread bag.(from different area than your females are growing), take bag and put over one or two colas and shake. Bag fits perfectly over. Instead of the two sexes being right next to each other. Other wise there will be a crap load of seeds! But it's whatever you the grower wants or needs to do.
Goos luck! Keep us updated on it.:)

Yeah, I have heard of that bag theory. I have already seperated the males from the female, but I was debating over the best way on how to breed. There are so many different ways of doing it, and everyone has their own. I was just going to go ahead and do one flower at a time and see what comes up... I know that it can be hard, so the bag idea is one I have been toying with. I still have some time though before I can do that, so I'll keep researching in the meantime.

~Metalchick

Latest posts

Back