hole in the ground

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calitoker

i like cowgirl asses
Reaction score
does anybody still dig a planit hole right in the ground? do you do anything special, prefered hole size, lining, or anything?

I turn the soil in about a 3 foot circle around where I want to plant. I then dig a hole and put in some store bought soil, then my clone. Waa laa done

You can go a little further if you want to. Dig down 2 shovels worth, add a wheel barrow full of compost, some lime, guano, manure or whatever you have that is good. It all depends on how many plants, how bad the soil is and how much effort you want to put into it. The better and looser the soil, the bigger the plants at harvest. Last year, my biggest plant was behind the compost pile. The stalk was as big as my forearm, due to all the goodies in the ground from many years of compost seeping down.

i was thinking about lining the hole with 1/4 in. steel screen, then filler up with foxfarm soil, and use max sea nutes.

oooooooookkkkkkkk so that was abit strange

uh yeah. i mean does anybody have any speacial tricks the beleive to help in total sucess, as in what ya put in ya hole.

I put dirt in the hole. I have found that if you do not put dirt in the hole they die.

cali-... "I" have never considered "wire" or anything to line the hole. But I did have moles kill a couple of plants last year, too.
Mushroom compost, composted manures, castings, perlite or peat to lighten/aeriate the mix,
are all good amendments. "1 tblspoon of horticultural lime per gallon of mix" for ph.
IMO/E.. avoid blood, bone meals, they attract vermin.
I'm sure if you search the OD forum for "soil mix", it should turn up some informative results.

Latest posts

Back