Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This ones for the Gman and anyone else that cares. :ccc: I smoked a little of the PGG even if it's not cured yet and I'm happy. I took 3 tokes and was nicely stoned and pain free for about 2 hours. This stuff works. Sure wish I would have been able to get it to the finish. I'm sure it would be a good thing. Happy Days you old farts.

my tobacco curing kiln is a refrigerator with a crock pot in the bottom. put water in it and it keeps humidity at 90 to 100%. I have a aquarium thermostat ($30. on eBay) it shuts crock pot on and off to keep temps right. 100 to 125 Degrees. in 3 weeks the tobacco is cured. Without this ,you have to let it hang a year to cure. If you pick and dry tobacco like we do pot, it is so harsh you can not smoke it.

if you just wanted to dry, don't put any water in. and leave the door cracked.

you could just use any heat source and any box with the aquarium thermostat to regulate temps. it has digital high and low settings. real easy to use

I don't have any vents. If you keep temps above 90, mold can not form, then just stop putting water in will let it dry . I have not used it on pot, but next year I'll run some big buds through it. over heating is bad also. so you want to stay in the 90/125 range.

I take it back its not a refrigerator ,it's a upright freezer. one compartment not two.

Thanks Bozzo !-- Aquarium heater thermostat ! Who woulda ever thunk it !-- that'd do it !-- just need a way to control air movement !-- I got no problem cutting a hole in a broke fridge ! Just might have to shoot me a refridgerator !- When is fridge hunting season anyway ! Had me a nap -- having coffee and got a full pipe !-- Life is good !

Jaga knows about poppy tea !-- He!He !- nasty stuff !- but it do the trick !-- when I was looking at seed I think I remember seeing coca seed for sale !-- Hippie tell me again how U start seed ipn vermiculite for hydro or what ever !- U said U soak them over night in a 50/50 solution of H2O2 and H2O -- but what strength is the peroxide ? Do U use starter cups filled with vermiculite sitting in water !-- tell mwe I don't want to start them in dirt if I can help it !-- Once I got them in aero I'll feel more comfortable !-- Chernobyl-- Huh ? Sounds interesting !-- I got my hands busy right now !-- make me a friggin' mindbender !

HeHeHe! Poppies, Poppies, Poppies will make you sleep! Ah hahaha!
I really like that poppy tea. It really helps curb the pain.
Pods are too expensive for me to buy though. Wish they grew around here

I just checked the RSO batch. Took the top off and the oil is purple. Must be trim from the purple. lol looked odd.

Is that oil from that machine Bozzo ? Hey Gman -- been working ?-- poppies ain't illegal until U start processing them !-- pods ain't near as expensive if U grow and dry your own !--

IMO the main reason for feminized seed is because not many people are capable of selecting males for breeding. It is much easier to take a female clone and reverse its sex and then breed with it. The justification for it came after the creation. The justification is for mmj states with low plant counts. This way every plant is a female...or so you hope. Most feminized seed is done using plant hormones ( gibberellic acid ) or colloidal water ( silver ions suspended in water ). With gibberellic acid, it fills the male sex receptors with a compound that mimics the actual hormonal compound. With colloidal water it blocks the female sex receptor with an antagonist compound, so that only male sex can be displayed.

I agree about plant count. 12 the limit here. But are feminized seeds more likely to hermi?

I am unable to keep pants through the winter. I fly the coop till spring. April first and a all new start. I have always done clones ,but I want to go with seeds next year. I'm tired of getting infected clones. mold and mites this year.
Ill be growing all the regular seeds for early forced flowering. and when I get the females ,I can take a few clones . But it will be nice to just plant the seeds and watch them grow .

IMO hermi's are part of the cannabis life cycle. The plant's main function is to reproduce and if that's what it takes to continue the species, it will. It is ultimately the breeders skill that suppresses those traits. I do not think it is possible to breed it out completely, only make it recessive enough that it is not an issue.

So Umbra let me see if I understand about feminized -- They take a proven female and treat it with this stuff that makes it turn into a male !-- If U breed that male to the source female or is it to any female and U get feminized seed !-- so that thing about breeding a male to a hermie isn't the way the do it ?

Brother Umbra !- One time I saw a clone that had been abused turn into a male !-- don't know the rules about such things but I saw it happen so I know plant sex can be changed !- Since then I have often wondered if I could take some clones and put them on some kind of random time light schedule and see if I could get one to change to a male !-- what do U think could it work ?

yes it will work to breed hermi's. This is how feminized seed got a bad rep, buy thinking that forcing it to hermi will give you feminized seed. It will give you hermi's. This is why nobody does it this way.

Morning O.F.C. !-- Time to get up so we can get down !-- A little coffee -- a toke or two - U B alright !-- Works for me everytime ! Doing all this chemical Voodoo on the plant is the work of others !-- I would prefer to leave the breeding and voodoo to others and just lay hands on the best and crank it out ! Umbra says they could manipulate the DNA of weed 40 year's ago !-- So where is my G.E. freak !-- No one talks about it !-- I keep getting misdirected and stuff every time I go looking !- I'll keep doing what I do until I cut trail and I will !-- Sooner or later someone will say the wrong thing or I'll put two and two together ! We grow great weed but if this is weed for the masses and there is a special reserve variety -- Movie star weed -- Then I'll be having some of that ! Until then I be riding with the Widow !

Never gave my breeding plan -- I'll be using a Widow male on a Williams Wonder female for something similar to first generation Medicine Man -- hopefully even better -- but I still keep a pure William female !- I then plan on bringing in the Snow Lotus -- as a father it has shown some great potential -- I'll put a Snow Lotus male on Williams Wonder famale -- should have something special in the litter ! I will also put a Snow Lotus male on my Widow X Willy cross just to see what happens -- it'll take me a year -year and a half to sort thru the product of those crosses -- all bets and plans are off if I find that G.E.mutant !

Morning OFC. Wake n bake, hhhhhmmmmm. Keef, just so ya know those Williams Wonders were 40 year old beans when Reddog got a hold of those. Snow has a bunch more of those 40 year old beans from SSSC that he is trying to save.
The 1 thing I missed when not growing for the last 2 years, the passion...every waking minute thinking about creating something different. Following the genetic trail of a new hybrid and seeing the genetic connections. Every day is more exciting than the last.

I don't know these peeps Umbra !-- The cards the stones and the I-Ching -- all point to Israel as the source of my G.E. mutant !-- If I convert and change my name to Keefsteen -- U think maybe they'd let me have a clone or some seed ? No wonder the subject of G.E. is taboo round breeders and seed companies !- A genetically engineered weed with THC level a natural breeder can never hope to match ! I'm not a breeder-- I'm an Outlaw -- I don't care how it came to be !- My biggest question is how can I get it from Isreal to Texas ! Seed would be easier ! Keefsteen got some digging to do ! Anyone know where I can get me one of them funny little hats ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back