Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umbra, I haven't used EM 1 or any live microbes. Been using Hydroguard, but then the great bug war made me re think everything. There is so little information out there on aeroponics & I honestly wasn't sure what could live in my reservoirs & what would be beneficial. Many of the "bug" killers I tried wouldn't be so good for beneficials. Once I started using nematodes to combat the root bugs (spit, spit) I started eliminating harmful agents & looking at other beneficials. I will use EM 1 if this microbial tea isn't successful. Basically, I found the tea recipe first. I've done some cleaning, replaced all of my collars, applied nematodes & cannot find live bugs right now. I don't think the nematodes can live very long in our set up, but they do put a hurt on those bugs. I've been applying new ones every so often just in case. My tea will be ready in a couple of days, so here goes....
As far as the seaweed goes, I totally grok what it's all about. But I was wondering, Umbra, if I could cut back on the Cal/Mag if I use a seaweed extract or would there not be enough in it to matter?

I live, just over run with inspectors and construction workers, power will be off tomorrow, hope everyone is doing well. I hope to be back on regular when this all comes to an end. Peace.... Hiya's Rose :)

Get-r-done Kraven !-- We'll be here !

Hey Nes !-- Sorry but I don't know how smelly those Dawg plants will be !---We'll find out about the same time !

Cane they got me again !--- The 50th Anniversary of the Fender Statocaster concert --- Too many ax players to name !-- Then Christy Hines and the Pretenders in concert !-- Hear that guitar scream ? --- I got to go !

You meet some people & right away you want to buy them a nice toaster for their bathtub.

nes , daddy longlegs spiders are great bug eaters. If you can get one to take up residency on a plant, they will stay all summer. I go around and pluck them up by their legs.

Umbra, I haven't used EM 1 or any live microbes. Been using Hydroguard, but then the great bug war made me re think everything. There is so little information out there on aeroponics & I honestly wasn't sure what could live in my reservoirs & what would be beneficial. Many of the "bug" killers I tried wouldn't be so good for beneficials. Once I started using nematodes to combat the root bugs (spit, spit) I started eliminating harmful agents & looking at other beneficials. I will use EM 1 if this microbial tea isn't successful. Basically, I found the tea recipe first. I've done some cleaning, replaced all of my collars, applied nematodes & cannot find live bugs right now. I don't think the nematodes can live very long in our set up, but they do put a hurt on those bugs. I've been applying new ones every so often just in case. My tea will be ready in a couple of days, so here goes....
As far as the seaweed goes, I totally grok what it's all about. But I was wondering, Umbra, if I could cut back on the Cal/Mag if I use a seaweed extract or would there not be enough in it to matter?
I don't know about the cal/mag to be honest. However, em1 and a microbial tea is not the same thing. Teas will also not have mycorrhizal fungus or trichoderma in them either. All are essential for healthy plants.

Got 3 plants from those treated seed into aero !-- 2 look fairly normal and one is a tetraploid for sure !

Hey Umbra --D.D. cooking so I read your post answering her question about cal/mag !---- She say YES they are cause she put them in there herself !--- Came over here waving a bag at me saying see -see -? ---I said not if U put my eye out with that bag ! --So I guess they in there !-

Santiam Organics -- Myco-Fusion-- Hydro Green 110 powder is what the bag say !-- Endo-Mycorrhizal Fungi !--- Hydrogaurd got --Bacillus amyloliquefaciens !

Those 2 and 2 cups of Ancient Forest soil humus in a knee high hose ( soil ammendment ) -- Put it all in a big bucket of RO water --add a little sugar for food and a bubbler !-- We brewing tea now !-- Ready to use or refrigerate in 48 hours !

So here's the little auto flower I wanted to try. So far it's not a bad little plant. Like I said I'm not looking for high yields. I want beautiful looking plants and colorful and everything. The other plants are my medicine. I just grow one or two on the side to see some beautiful strains of cannabis. And try it. This was one of my first ones to try and not a big plant at all but it's looking like it's going to be very pretty when buds are fully grown. Already getting purple tints to it's kool for that since this was suppose to be a very purple strain. Lol. So here it is. LSD-25 AutoFlower strain

View attachment image.jpg

Evening all...crazy busy day here...em1 gotta get some how much you use,,should a guy buy a quart?...gal? 55gal..LOL..
Running 6..t5s...4ft. On my seedlings..how far away from the light should I be running them?Suckers got pretty leggy on me....
.....Man I need a puff....:48:.....

Evening all...crazy busy day here...em1 gotta get some how much you use,,should a guy buy a quart?...gal? 55gal..LOL..
Running 6..t5s...4ft. On my seedlings..how far away from the light should I be running them?Suckers got pretty leggy on me....
.....Man I need a puff....:48:.....

i put T5s right on top of the seedlings just dont touch and have a fan moving air

Em-1 1/2-1 oz per gallon

Thanks lyfespan...Got the fan going might squeeze the light down a little more....
That Em1 sounds like good stuff better start with a gallon......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back