Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umbra I noticed a lot of the places that sell Jaws will only except cash or a blank money order you think it'll be OK to send it all the way from Canada to them just a little nervous never done something like that before
It's always a risk. I send with tracking so I know it made it there. But I have not had any issues with those places.

U know I always be experimenting with stuff ? -- I haven't change the nute water in my bloom boxes for over 10 weeks !-- 1st will be 12 weeks !-- Just topping off !-- Umbra said something once about the small guy not being able to compete with the big growers simply because of cost! -- That impressed me as being so true so I been looking for cheaper ways to grow !-- I know for sure I can run a whole bloom run without changing my nute water just top off !-- I got no run off so I have to just replace what the plants use !--Saves money over a res change every 2 weeks !-- The same with the LEDs -- I gotta learn to make them work for cost and I can !-- So I'm saving on nutes and RO water plus the work evolved !-- No grow medium and no waste except plant matter !- -

The 2 strains I smoke to sleep and knock me out are GDP and Skywalker OG. The bubba kush I had was also great at the knock out. The gg#4 is sativa dominant and it will get you high, but sleep...not sure it is a good choice for that.

Yup, I'm aware of the keep ya going qualities of the GG#4. I want it for a different reason, It produces well and seems to be extremely popular with the guys who like to press rosin. Thats why I want it anyways. I love having something in the back for people to drool over and GG is definitely something thathas a impressive presentation. It makes my eyes cross though.:vap-Bong_smoker:

I'm still nursing my little GG but to beat some this other stuff I got it gonna have to be bad to the bone !--
GDP -x- BPU gonna be a heavy oil producer !-- That's where I'm headed Nick -- Turn everything but the fan leaves to hash and press it ! -- Then into a cartridge !

Bud sent me a link to a pneumatic press for bout $850 but I like that one like Umbra got !-- What did it cost Umbra -- $300--$350 ?

The prices on some of that stuff is just rediculous. Kinda like 500.00 for the volcano. Probably ain't an honest $50.00 in materials and labor in that thing but they want $500 for it. two aluminum press blocks with built in heaters should be less then $100.00. The press part of it can be had anywhere. Harbor freight, Northern Hydraulics, sears, you name it. I just don't understand why all these companies gots to be so tight.

Just like the gold rush Nick !-- In a way they mining the miners ! --U right about the blocks and any kinda press !-- I just don't have the tools to build anymore and I'd just hurt myself so I gotta buy what I need !

Yeah, you are absolutely right. I just grew up around people who built what they needed. I have always lived by the idea of "Get a price. If the materials and the cost of buying the tools to build it adds up to 75% of the costs or less, I am going to build it. If I want just the one (like my roof) when I'm done I'll sell the tools and put the money to something more useful, like a cabinet saw so I can build my kitchen. I can't do everything but I can figure out a lot.

I don't think I want to buy a mill and learn machining just to press rosin!

Bud sent me a link to a pneumatic press for bout $850 but I like that one like Umbra got !-- What did it cost Umbra -- $300--$350 ?

with shipping it was $495. Nick I posted a link for the heater, plates, and heat controller for $40. The Chinese have caught on to what these are for and jacked the price.

with shipping it was $495. Nick I posted a link for the heater, plates, and heat controller for $40. The Chinese have caught on to what these are for and jacked the price.

See? thats what I'm talking about. Friend of mine designed a group of RC airplanes. Built one of each and took 'em to china. Them dues turned those 5 planes into arf kits and my buddy sold them here in the states cheaper then everyone else. :vap-Bong_smoker:

I have nothing to compare them with Nick !-- Except for growing some back in the day with gro-lux tubes in shop fixtures but that was mostly to start them for outside !
I do like my LEDs if for no other reason than heat !-- When it's a 110 in the shade it's hard to cool a grow room !

Nick lots of us musta grew up in that lifestyle !-- Daddy had a metal working fab shop !-- Neighbor had a mechanic shop and I don't remember when I couldn't swing a hammer !-- We had tools and raw material !-- U wanted something --Go build U one !-- Later I found out being able to do that stuff set me up to do research & development ! -- I was trained by a crook !-- After I returned to working steel after my first enlistment !-- He take me to the trade show and tell me to get a good look at so and so cause I want U to build me one when we get back to the shop !-- I did just that ! -- He drank a lot and sold stuff sometimes didn't exist !-- He sold one those concrete trowel machine " That U can ride " -- Hurt my brain !-- Had to get daddy to do the hydrolics !-- It was delivered on time !-- He just started making promises I couldn't keep !

It's always a risk. I send with tracking so I know it made it there. But I have not had any issues with those places.

That's an excellent idea I will definitely have to do that the wife said I get to order them next week i'm so excited I have never seen something like that fruity pebbles around my area ever not even in the dispensaries I sure hope it's not a disappointment but I doubt it will be or you wouldn't of got some yourself hope you're having an excellent day so far

I seen a bunch around that price range on there as well but definitely have to say I really like on Umbra s as well

Face must be better !-- Bud's back ! --

Yes buddy thanks for asking feeling a lot better I feel bad for the girls they've been pretty neglected lately but at the same time they're not letting daddy down I would have to say my BB King is definitely a monster and a lemony piney smile so going to crack some more and look for a blueberry type I don't know if she supposed to have any pine or lemony smell in her but I've asked five people so far and they all say the same thing how is your day going my friend

Bud -- I need some green Mojo ! -- I did something different this time with the Zombie Juice -- Formula calls for a several hour rinse to leach all that poison out them sprouts !-- This time I rinsed them in RO water for 24 hours with a bubblers to keep everything moving !-- We will be seeing won't we ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back