Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bake away, Cuz! It ain't freezin' up here, but I've only seen the sun for about a half hour today.

Kinda shot myself in the foot with this grow. The Old Hen says, "Looks like you can take a couple of years off."
I CAN take a couple of years off from growing, but I CAN'T. Growing this stuff is way too much fun. As soon as you ship me up a dozen of those thousand dollar seeds, the Great Indoor Grow of '14-'15 gets started! :)

I'll get right on that Hippie !-- I'm gonna add some A.K. 47 or another fast finishing variety to the rotation around the first of the year !-- got me a battle with management coming up !- I'm dropping the two Widow lines that take the longest to finish !-- got a nice indica heavy phenotype that finishes in 60 days that is staying !-- it is great to finally be weed independent but a big harvest like the other guys is a ways off but I'm still working on it !-We get by !-- I am mostly still pick and dry in the oven at 200 degrees !- Hey ! it is much better than buying ! I don't want some of the new guys to think we all got big harvests ! I'm working with what I got ! Love my LEDs !--

SWEET! Knew I could count on ya!

Guess I'm going to have to go over to the breeding forum and humble myself and ask some what they'll think are really stupid questions. With all the weed and hash floating around, I can devote the winter grow to breeding something. Never done it before, and it's on the Bucket List.

Using a paper bag to transfer the pollen from the boy to the girl works great !-- my question is when is the best time to pollenate -- I did it several times over several days as I judged pistol production at kit's peak !-- Got to use some Kentucky windage on it !-- need a boy bloom room and a girl bloom room !-- more seed U got to work with the better -- are U willing to take out a bunch of girls because U only need the male ?? Gonna have to make some hard decisions !-- are U gonna make a cross both ways ?? It can get complicated ! Good Luck !-- I been pushing to do some breeding since we met !!--What U got planned ?

Hippy you don't have to go over to the Breeders section, just post your question here

I want to take a Blue Mountain Jamaican from 17 week flower to more like 12. They did it with Black Lights, so I figure I can do it with the Blue. I plan on the whole grow being pollinated, so I'm not worried about bagging one branch.

Question is, do I mate a Blue male with a NL female, or a NL male with a Blue female, or both?

Guess I should have specified for folks that don't know; The Black Lights is a cross between Black Vietnameese and Northern Lights. A guy I knew came up with the concoction when he tried to flower out some straight Black Vietnamese. Some took up to 20 weeks, and anything that took longer he axed. He bred them to Northern Lights and wound up getting (he claimed) a ten week flower time. They're not. They take a full twelve, but that's still a heck of a lot quicker than 20.

Don't get me wrong; You CAN take the plants at ten weeks, but if you saw the difference that two more weeks makes, you wouldn't.

I'd love to do the same thing with the Blue.

That's what I been waiting to hear Umbra !-- I'm want to do some breeding myself but it has been touch and go !- mostly just shooting in the dark !-- I plan to bring Black Dawg and Medicine Man together to get my Frosted Black .--- I have no choice but to cross both ways !-- with my Aero system I can run lots of plants thru fast looking for a particular variation ! I think my Frosted Black will come from a Medicine Man mom and a Black Dawg dad !-- first cross! Have to keep the rotation rolling always learning !! I'd feel better knowing if Yoop and his Lady made it home safe and sound !

I want to take a Blue Mountain Jamaican from 17 week flower to more like 12. They did it with Black Lights, so I figure I can do it with the Blue. I plan on the whole grow being pollinated, so I'm not worried about bagging one branch.

Question is, do I mate a Blue male with a NL female, or a NL male with a Blue female, or both?
Genetically speaking it doesn't matter which is male and which is female. Breeders loose mothers and dads, and many have recreated breedings by reversing the parents. Depending on your desires, u might reconsider the NL and go with Cindy99. I took a black Columbian from 26 weeks to 14 weeks with Cindy99.

Da Hippie be a Sativa Man !-- My plan is to bring Mad Dawg - Black Kush -- Northern Lights and White Widow together in that Frosted Black -- I want to ruffle thru at least a hundred seed looking for Frosted Black girls -- I can run a clone thru bloom while keeping another in veg. -- when I isolate the Frosted Black girls -- I'll go thru them keeping the best until I find the freak that combines the best of the root varieties !-- then everything but that one plant can go away ! I'm not after a variety -- just one freakish Mindbender !

females are a dime a dozen, they show many of their traits easily...males are another story

My reasoning for keeping a clone from a plant in veg. While I run a clone from the same plant thru bloom is that I can smoke the weed while still have a clone of it in Veg. If it is what I want or a contender I can chop it into lots of clones for bloom if it is not it and it's clones go away ! I spent $250 for 50 White Widow seed -- that one indica heavy girl is working on her second year and she'll be producing for years to come !- worth every penny ! If I got that diamond in the dust out of 50 seed- I'll find the plant I want out of one hundred !

morning ofc, got the coffee brewing. i'll be glad to have the internet back at home again. we had a fast moving storm monday evening that split my big cedar tree and took out the phone line. said it would be saturday before they make it out. yall have a great day. peace

Ugh !- Oh !Oh!- Man I am stiff this morning !- got most of a cup of coffee and half a pipe left and starting to feel a little better !-- Morning All !-- Beautiful day at the beach light wind -- smell of Ebola in the air !-- it good to be alive !-- Umbra -- wish I had the room to run a thousand seed -- U know there will be anomolies and mutations in any cross -- the hard work is filtering thru the seed !--- Like I said I'm not looking for a variety I'm looking for A Plant !-- I'll clone it for production until I find something better !- I can see some other varieties that could spin off a monster also ! Better finish my pipe !

OFC of Curmudgeonland,
Thanks again for helping me get my life back to some sort of normalcy.

hippie,
Great harvest numbers.....congrats are definitely in order, so congrats.

bozzo,
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

keef,
keep trying.......you gonna find that special girl yet.

Morning OFs. Got the morning pharming done and even started cleaning out the pig pen I call a grow room. Things always get messy during harvest time. Got the experiment tent cleaned out and the tanks cleaned and hooked up. Everything too slow to get away from me got wiped down in 6% H2O2.

Might get froggy and cut a couple of dozen clones off my Green Giant mother. The indoor bunch will be crying for clones soon, and their money helps offset the electric bill. Then again, it's beer day, and there's always tomorrow........

Great !- Yoop made it home safely !-- been hauling water and doing the pharming !-- filtered water add 5 mils of Aquasheild and 10 mils of Pro - Grow or Pro- Bloom brings that water that started at a pH. Of 8.4 down to 5.8 -- and ppms that started at 230 ppms up to about 700 ppms! Check pH. and ppms 1-2 times a week .-- only topping off with fresh nutes as needed -- when I move plants to bloom they start in fresh nutes and only top off as needed until harvest !-- ppms climb to about 1,000 -1,100 by harvest! I see no stress in the plants !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back