Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the Brain Trust: Is marijuana (or, in the state of Michigan, marihuana :) ) considered a herbaceous or woody plant?

Since it's used in cloth, rope, or paper making, I'm thinking woody, but that's why I'm consulting you folks.

well that depends.... Are you smoking it ? or making paper or rope? It all depends on the end use. If you want to make rope .....I have some stems to trade for the scrap buds.

It's a herbaceous plant. Most annuals are herbaceous :vap_smiley:

Morning to the O.F.C. ! I know why the Hippie asked that question !-- rooting solution ! Am I right U Long Haired Leaping Knome ? I don't use it anymore ! Mane !--I'm here to testify this morning !!-- Ain't nothing wrong some Widow for breakfast !

OFC,
Sorry I be late for the first session of wake and bake. I been seed shopping, shopping, not buying, yet. So let`s have session # 2 of wake and bake. Here goes. Enjoy.

Yoop -- U right not to just jump up and start buying seed !-- ain't no hurry !-- what U got on your mind anyway? I'm working a disadvantage right now one of my LEDs has only half the lights working !- not enough light and this Widow will stretch !-- I'm still looking for those Black Dawg seed ! Been doing some work in the grow room before I kick this off !-- Learned from my Widow that knowing what U want to do and having a plan is so much better than just jumping in and trying to swim !! I'm also still looking for that fast high producer !-- What I want in that Frosted Black may not lend itself to factory farming !--

I got my lazy fingers working and hit google. After about three or four pages, I figured it's both.
The reason I was curious is because I ran across an article claiming a 300 PPM increase in CO2 would give herb plants a 30% increase in growth and a woody plant 50%.

My basement runs around 500 PPM, depending on how many people are down there breathing. My flower room is kept at 1400. I'm just not buying the 50% contention.

They do grow faster, stay greener, and seem to be "happier" (only growers know plants can be happy), and I'd never stop the CO2 enrichment, but I aint buyin' the article's hype.

Keef, when it comes to rooting goodies, I head for Wall-Fart and buy a jar of the cheapest powdered crap they sell. Works like a charm.

I clone two ways. The first is a R-DWC with foam plugs. Some clones will pop in a week or two, and some will go a month or better. I also pop holes in the bottom of those tiny little white plastic cups, fill 'em full of vermiculate, and put 'em in a flower flat with a half inch of water in it. Some strains actually root faster like that.

I've heard glorious things about aero cloning. I might just MacGyver one up if all the hype is true.

I took a cutting last year. Stuck it in promix in a 3 inch small pot. Sat it in a bowl with a 1/2 in of water in it. Sat it in the greenhouse and it grew. That was mid July. I got an ounce and a half off that one.

good morning

Hippie , I thought it was rooting solution because the stuff I used to use had different strengths for herbaceous and woody plants -- about cloning -- it's like growing -- lot of different techniques get U to the same place ! What ever works for U !- Still looking for info on a factory farm variety !-- Looks like an A.K. or White Rhino until I know better !--

Hey ! What's them green dots by our names mean ? -- If I'm on a count down I'd like to know !

anyone ever order from Dutch passion seeds? I want the Holland's Hope . very mold resistant early finisher . Been grown for over a hundred years. 100% indica. Outdoor in Holland's weather. I don't want new wonder hybrids. I want a proven outdoor strain. anyone order from them?

Morning O.F.C. -- When U get up -- if nothing hurts -- U probably in the wrong club !!-- This rest of U know what to do -- Hey Giggy did U ever get past the drug screens yet ?-- Bozzo -- I ran across the record of when I bought my Widow seed the other day !-- I thought RWS got them from Mr. Nice seed but they were from buydutchseed and all 50 germed -- I'll will be buying seed from Amsterdam in the near future ! If U run across those Black Dawg seed let me know - -- there's so many seed companies it's not easy to keep it sorted out !-- I hope U find what U looking for ! Back to the pipe my peeps and a good day to all !

morning keef and the rest of the ofc. keef that green dot means your online and lets us know you are, i am always running invisible so mine doesn't show and to me it is red. no we haven't had one but i already fell off the wagon. i hope everybody has a great day. peace

Giggy I was talking about the series of dark and light green dots below user name !-- about ordering seed -- I will wait until early December or so to order hopefully getting this years seed ! Saw some very interesting things Mr. Nice seed !- Yo Hippie --when U use your cement mixer to make hash do U place the weed ,ice and water in the mixer then pour thru hash bag after mixing ?

Good morning to all of Curmudgeonland. Been lazy this morning, but now it`s time to start the day. It`s wake and bake time.

Naw, I'm too lazy for that. I chuck the ice, weed, and water in, let her spin for an hour, put a chunk of quarter inch hardware cloth over the mouth of the mixer, and pour the water into the 220 micron bag. Fill the mixer up with more ice and water and let her spin again.
The water left in the bucket after the 220 bag is pulled out gets poured into a bucket with a 25 micron bag in it. Drain out the water, scrape out the hash, chuck it on a 25 micron screen, and let her start drying until the next batch gets done.
At the end of the day, I take the screen and roll it up, twist the ends, wring it out, and place the whole shebang on a couple of paper towels for a hour or so. Then the hash goes into a rectangular Pyres dish to be chopped up with a single edge razor blade, and after a few days of drying, it gets weighted into grams and squashed in a pollen press and wrapped in aluminum foil.

I was looking for those cloth draw string bags to chuck an ounce of powder in rather than weighing every gram, but I didn't find any when I needed them. The wife found the perfect bags at a store in the big city, so I've got three for next year's outdoor harvest. Cost a whopping buck and a half for three of 'em.

I've been smoking the scissor hash for the last week and STILL have got a week's worth left. Damn, that stuff is GOOD!

Keef, those green dots under your name are "rep" points. You must have got demoted after your smack down.

Rep points? We don't need no stinking rep points!:)

Rep points ? You mean I got a rep ? Had one before, not always good or was it ? Too long ago to remember correctly. Bad rep, most likely. Any way, peace.

Hippie,
Scissor hash huh, sounds great bro. Still haven`t tried to make some. Got the bags, just do not want to mess up on making the bubble hash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back