Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all and Happy Thanksgiving day, today more than the turkey will be baked.....

Hope I don't od on food today. Hope you all eat some good food. Stay lit!!
Hippie, I got him real high. I didn't even charge myself for the job.

Hippie, with all those lights for your van, you will need to get people to sign an epilepsy waiver.

So sorry Rose Lost my yorkie (tootsie) 3 years ago. I still go out back to her grave and talk with her.

I, too, talk to a place in my back yard. It just breaks my heart when it rains; my Jazz girl hated the rain. I do smile in remembrance a little more than cry these days, but sometimes those tears won't be denied. My heart feels for you Rose! Tootsie-- cute name Bozzo! Do you have any others?

Happy Thanksgiving OFC. Starting the Holiday with a cup of Joe and a fatty. Today's smoker's menu is banana og x ult chem/sfv. Heavy fuel smell and taste. Like a bus is parked, running, sitting in your living room. Getting ready for some FOOTBALL!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! So much to be thankful for. Got my little 8# Butterball in the smoker; it will be my first smoked turkey! Want to make some good ol' Guidry rice dressing cause I think it would go good with it, but gotta have my Southern cornbread dressing too-- tradition! Some corn maque choux, sweet potatoes, something green, cranberry sauce, pecan pie! What's gonna be on everyone else's table today? We usually have an evening meal instead of noonish, just how we roll. Rolls too!

Good morning OFC and Happy Thanksgiving. May you all have plenty to eat and smoke on this day of gratitude.

Dog, cute pic up there and "epilepsy waiver" was very funny.

DD, nice to see you up this morning. How is it going? I still have big tears at times, sure miss my big boy. I know you all have been thru it too. We will be ok.

Have a great day you all!

DD, what is corn maque choux?

I do a sausage and bread stuffing with slivered almonds, mushrooms and black olives and the other stuff, onions. etc.
Cranberry salad, from Mr rb. Pumpkin pie the rest will be done at our friends today. So glad i am not doing it this year, first year EVER. OH well.

happy thanksgiving OFC. turkey going in right now ,honey baked ham already being picked on, and grandmas fried fruit (cherry) pies being made by me. Love grandmas fried peach pies. got 2 pounds of cherries from Sams. Lions on at noon . Last of the trimmings are gone till next year. 7 loads of RSO and 2 ounces of dry ice hash. Lots of cookies this winter.

little fried pies . made from dried fruit. Googled fried dried fruit pies and got recipe. you simmer dried fruit, sugar, water and lemon juice for 20 min. them make a simple dough and make 5 inch rounds. spoon fruit and make a pocket. Fry them up.....dried fried pies. southern treats. usually made from peach or apples, but I'm trying cherries.

wow, sounds heavenly. Good thing i didn't grow up in the south i would weigh a lot.

Yummy Bozzo! Love fried pies! Rose, corn maque choux is an Indian(native American)-Cajun corn dish. I try to copy my great grandmother's. It's slightly spicy, sweet & creamy. Best with fresh corn & it's a long cooking process if done right. The recipe varies from family to family. It's been a tradition for Thanksgiving since I was a child. I always do a special cornbread dressing with smoked ham & Cajun sausage. I've never done a dressing with bread. My grandma Guidry always made rice dressing & my other grandma made cornbread dressing. We usually had chicken or squirrel & dumplings too. Bread pudding with bourbon sauce for Christmas.

Unfortunately, Mr. DD is not feeling well & is in bed. Hopefully, he'll start feeling better.

Morning OFC. Lots of great food to be had and great family to share it with. I'm also grateful for the chuckle heads of the OFC to share laughs, tears, and life with. A great big collective hug goes out to each and every one of you.

Dog, maybe the lights will be the invention of a new dance craze. I'll call it "The Twitch".:)

Lyfespan Howdy back at U !--What was that U were working with ?--A Black (something) crossed on a White Widow ?-- Hope U found something special !-- I've got seed developing from a Tranquil Elephantizer cross that I have high hopes for !-- Might be adding some ChemDawg to the mix!-- Got a BPU-X-Blueberry out of Umbra's Bunch that is working out !-- Still looking for a Pink Kush or UBC Chemo cut !

yes sir Keef im working on Panda Berries, its a fruity leaning Black Domina with nice color that i crossed to a Widow Berries, Nirvana white widow crossed to a bomb seeds berry bomb .

View attachment IMG_0978.jpg
this is a prego PandaBerries mom
i have the first BX crossing finishing right now seeds will be grown out and crossed back to both mom,dad and both grand parents. i should have her cubed out and F5 ready for next year.

then its on to the rest of the panda berry crosses

ultrabrite(chem08Xthewhite)Xpandaberries
bluebery skunkXpandaberries
bleubery headbanXpanda berries
northern cheeseXpanda berries
GG#4Xpanda berries

i also have few other widow berry crosses made as well

its been fun having the space to keep males, i like controlled pollinating the girls to see what i come up with, dam seedfinder has become home to figure all these lineages.

hows things with you, i see you are playing the bee game too, fun **** the crosses, i got a hold of a bodhi Gogi og looking for some pinks and looks like i got blue instead.

Some really good food over here. My smoked turkey is pretty awesome for a first! Everything is ready. Pecan pie finishing up. Unfortunately, Mr. DD is still under the weather. Bless his heart, he has tried to get up & about several times, but keeps feeling sick. I probably haven't helped with a these cooking smells. He's in there wretch in right now. Hope it goes better with you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back