How Do I Grow A Plant Like This

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom-tom

Reaction score
ok ive asked before but got not to many answers some one said it looked like a bunch of plants grown togather but i dont think so ,,but what do i no,,if any one knows how to grow a plant like this id like to no ,,lady green grew this and its buble gum and i have 1 buble gum plant growin right now id like to get it to grow like this its still a seedling so the sooner i can start the prosses im shure the better also what is the name of the prosses used on this plant

BubbleGum 1.jpg

That Bubblegum in the pic looks like a clone that was puned and shaped in veg to have many low branches, then transplanted into another container at a lower depth before sending her to flower. This buried the root ball and branches deeper in the medium, and gives the impression of many plants in one pot. It's a good thing to bury your MJ stems when you transplant. Gives more available rooting area as it will grow roots from the buried stems.

Growing a plant like the one in the pic is not too difficult to do. Every aspect of growing is of course important because it all works together to bring a nice result. But if you want to grow like this, you have to train with LST, and/or prune while in veg to build a nice root mass, and shape your plants canopy even on top - like a "high and tight" haircut. Other important factors are lumens per sq ft, which must be at least 5,000. HPS light is going to be a good bet if you want to look like those in the pics.

Remember - don't prune any growth after it's been sent to flower. Only cut on a vegging plant. Any changing of the plant's shape while it's flowering will be done by LST only. You'll fill in the canopy quite nicely just like in the pic.

I don't know the size of her plant, but it looks like a low grow, may 3 ft at the max. I recently had one that was similar, except it did not have all the branches sticking out of the medium. She was grown under HPS at 6,200 lumens per sq ft.

Pics of her is here:http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176275&postcount=102

Coulda been a mom plant put into flower....looks like it was cut on quite a bit.

That Looks So Tasty....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm haha nice looking lady

were can i find this lady green any one no are is their a grow journal of this plant i found this plant a while back on the picks above the shout box id love to no more about this ,,i like all the answers above that i got but u have to rember ive been growing now for about 5 and a half weeks lol so i think i got 3 different answers but im not shure ,,id realy find it very helpfull if someone nows how to get in contact with her our nows exactley how she grew this plant ,,i would think that the butifull work done on that plant would have a name our some kind of guid to do this to a plant ,,it sounds likley to me that like pot belly said it was buried hier up the stem but id like to no for shure how it got to the point that it was ready to look like that once buried i dont wanna go snaping branches and toping and have no chance of it coming out like that ,,,if any one nos lady green please have her get in touch with me please ,,and the lums per squar foot i will be able to do because i got a 1000 watt hps comeing my way if everything works out right for cheap,,so im keeping my fingers crossed on that one lol

well i think i no whats up now mabey lol i been lookin at outher picks and i think i understand what potbelly is saying now i seen outher plants that look like the one lady green did but they only have 1 stem coming out of the ground im guessin this is because like pot belly said it was buried hier up so it looks like many plants ,,so what exactly is this called and is their a guide to it id also like to no how u new it was grown at 6 500 lums a squar foot is their a journal on this u seen?

Here you go T, i tooka clone and it started its own LST sort of. It started growing with 5 stalks on it, one center and 4 around it, strange i know but it gave me the chance to do this without having to do any HST to it. and ive use some pipe cleaners to hold it down to the edges to promote side growth so i can tie them down too. This plant is going to be a clone mother/doner untill about May or June then im going to make a new one off her and set this monster outside to flower :hubba: she should be a huge freak of nature by that time and man oh man will she have a ton-o-nugz :holysheep:

see all the main stalks.jpg

gently pulled to the side and anchored down.jpg

here she is from the top.jpg

tom-tom said:
how u new it was grown at 6 500 lums a squar foot is their a journal on this u seen?

Hey tom-tom, that was my plant that was grown under 6,200 lumens per foot. I don't know how hers was grown - just speculating.

I think LG is gone man. She cleaned out all her stuff and took the mailbox with her, it looks like.

You'll just need to experiment around with the grow. You've been growing for such a short time - all those answers will come to you with time, and experience. Keep growing and you'll see how to do it.

That plant was grown with 5000+ lumens per foot and topped and/or trained (lst)

What's that all about? High Stress Training I presume? If possible, can you give me some examples of such?

By the look of the picture it is one..... and I KNOW 100% they can be grown that way... just keep topping your plants branches and it'll keep growing the side/bottom branches longer and longer.

Motherplantsl look basically the same... but more tops.... i've only flowered out one of mine b4 tho... it turned out to be as round as it was high... a perfect round shrub.

Vegs said:
What's that all about? High Stress Training I presume? If possible, can you give me some examples of such?

HST would be 'pinching', 'topping', 'pruning', I believe the big thing now is 'FIM'...

Lst... 'tieing', 'bending', that kinda stuff.

Here is the perfect [thread=1519]thread[/thread] if you have any questions about LST/HST :bong2:

Now I totally get it! Holy snapola...if I was to start LST early and then HST (top side branches now main stalks) I would be crazy eddy with the fresh nugs!

Vegs said:
Now I totally get it! Holy snapola...if I was to start LST early and then HST (top side branches now main stalks) I would be crazy eddy with the fresh nugs!

yup man using a combo of both on a vegging plant will make up put off lots of tops for colas by the end of flower.

Latest posts

Back