how do you dispose of yours

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

allmashedup

:) hi everyone. ive just harvested my 1st 2 plants. very good indead it was bout 3 wks ago now. dryed weight is 3oz of the small plant and 4oz of the other.
well chuffed i am.
what i need to know is how do i dispose of the big main stem and some of the large dead fan leaves and soil ?
i cant just chuck it out with the rest of the rubbish i know that would be well stupid !
what do you lot do with all the waste ?
thanks everyone. here is a photo of the biggest lady.
i am proud. couldnt of done it tho without all your help answering all my questions.

I just toss em into fire pit out back when we barbeque, they burn very fast to a clean white ash ;)

i like to black bag my trimming and dispose them in dumpster at work...as for the soil i till in into the garden outside..Im even considering reuseing soil..anyway..Those look great Nice job

allmashedup said:
:) hi everyone. ive just harvested my 1st 2 plants. very good indead it was bout 3 wks ago now. dryed weight is 3oz of the small plant and 4oz of the other.
well chuffed i am.
what i need to know is how do i dispose of the big main stem and some of the large dead fan leaves and soil ?
i cant just chuck it out with the rest of the rubbish i know that would be well stupid !
what do you lot do with all the waste ?
thanks everyone. here is a photo of the biggest lady.
i am proud. couldnt of done it tho without all your help answering all my questions.

I am a n00b for the most-part, when it comes to growing. I too asked a similar question on another forum.

I was told that you can compost the leaves, stems, and the main trunk (as well as the roots) of the plant. You'll just need to cut everything up fairly small (smaller plant matter = less decomposing time).....make sure you also have a good amout of air into the pile.....

and if you live near a bait shop, pick up some red wigglers.

Hopefully I was able to help out,

Any questions, ask away...I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

Great lookin' buds I must say
icon14.gif

BW

can you compost the waste from a grow that you don't use? possibly reuse your medium in another aspect of your gardening, flower beds etc., although I've heard that Mj plants produce a mild herbicide in the ground around them to deter encroaching weeds from there root area but I'm not sure if this is true or if it would be harmful to a compost pile, anyone know about this is it so?

also congrats to Buddy for his harvest looks like you did ok for yourself, I can hardly wait until mine are ready,

Compost everything possible or burn if able. Can you reuse the soil and containers? Got a garbage disposall? Chop and grind is what a buddy of mine did. Only go a little at a time, he found that out.:D

There is nothing like a nice camp fire after the grow.The dirt gives me the best looking lawn in the neighborhood.

SativaWeed said:
Compost everything possible or burn if able. Can you reuse the soil and containers? Got a garbage disposall? Chop and grind is what a buddy of mine did. Only go a little at a time, he found that out.:D

Do not put this down your garbage disposer. Garbage disposers are NOT garbage cans and should not be used as such. What in the world are you going to do if you have to call the plumber to auger out your drains and there are pot leaves in there? Flat things like leaves and potato peels and round things like stems and spaghetti do not grind up well in a disposer. If you have a septic tank, the leaves can stay in the tank floating on top to be found my anyone working on or emptying the tank. For the same reasons you should not flush leaves and stems down your toilets.

i compost mine as well toss them in a rubbermaid tote with worms and more used soil, add some dried yard leaves and turn every few weeks. i also add composted cow poo and lime. before plantin in the soil i add perlite. works good so far.

I keep a box in my trunk of my car for my stuff. I black bag it and then put it in the cardboard box and close the lid. If I get pulled over by the gestapo then it looks like a box. I drive the speed limit and always check that my lights work before I leave so that I dont get pulled over for a break light out of some other stupid thing. I find a dumpster behind a grocery store and dump it and leave the box in the back. I never dump at the same place.

chuck em in the compost pile, blue mold coffee grounds, egg shells, all the leaves i rake up starting about now, tote it to the plot in the spring and till it in while i swill about a twelve pack.

I take my stuff to the dump myself. Through it out with the rest of the household waste.

Puffin Afatty said:
I just toss em into fire pit out back when we barbeque, they burn very fast to a clean white ash ;)

Doesn't it stink? I mean, I realize the wood smoke would dull the herb smell a bit, but does it completely cover it? This would work out very well for me, but I've always thought it would be a dead give-away because I live in a heavily populated area so I never tried it.

The area where I live does not have curbside gargabe pick-up. We do have access to several dumpsters for our domestic trash. I make sure that my "trash" goes into the dumpster when the dumpster is about half full. I feel that there is little chance of it being discovered. Also, If I have anything in my fridge that is really icky and needs like a haz mat team to dispose of :eek: , I might just dump it on the top of the cut up leaves and stems--and into the dumpster...hehehe

The Hemp Goddess said:
Also, If I have anything in my fridge that is really icky and needs like a haz mat team to dispose of :eek: , I might just dump it on the top of the cut up leaves and stems--and into the dumpster...hehehe

Genius! :D

Latest posts

Back