How Do You Use Domomite Lime To Raise PH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeybtoken

Reaction score
Hi ALL
I have been using PH up to keep tabs on a low PH problems since the start of my very first indoor grow.
I have six WW growing in Subcools Soil Mix at about 60% strength going into their third week of flower. I have been really afraid to add Domomite Fine Grade Lime because I don't know how much to add or how to add it with out harming my plants.
I have read where many recomend to use Lime to balance PH and I have seen where some say to add a table spoon to a 1/4 cup to the top of the soil and other say add two table spoons to a gallon of boiled water, then use at next watering.
I have been able to keep my PH above 6-2 using PH'd up water at about 7.5-8 up until this point.
I have two plants that now have dropped to 5.8 - 5.6 even with the higher ph'd water.
Should I just put a 1/4-1/2 table spoon of lime into the next gallon of water on one of these plants to see what happens?
Any thoughts appreciated!!!
Thanks
Peace and Happy Thanksgiving!
MBT

Hey, mikeyb, I just did a quick search on this site for the answer, and one person recommended one ounce per gallon of water. The lime doesn't raise pH, but rather, helps to neutralize pH fluctuations; it tends to keep the pH near 7.0. I'm not sure on this, so wait for others to comment before doing it. Also, I believe that you will need a fine grade of dolomite lime, something that readily dissolves in water.

Hi there Mikeybtoken-

Are you measuring your run off and getting those numbers?

My experience with lime is that it tends to neutralize the soil, but it does take a while to break down.

You might want to try checking out nvthis' grow journal as he's using Subcool's soil- maybe he can give you some pointers.

Good luck!

Yes..... I can PH the water as high as 9.0 and still get run off that can be as low as 5.5 on a couple of my plants.

Awesome...I will try to find... nvthis...grow journal .
Thanks BBF
Peace MBT

Latest posts

Back