how long do you flush for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stas

Reaction score
i was just wondering how long or does anyone flush there plants before harvesting them. I have grown a couple successfull grows and i only started flushing my plants more recently. But it would usually only be for three or four days and the leaves would somewhat yellow but would not be completely yellow like i have seen in magazines. I never wanna believe everything i see in magazines though.

Flushing is a crucial part of the cycle. Nutrient build up through out a flowering cycle can get out of controll sometimes and flushung seriously reduces the issue. I'll flush for the last two feeding cycles or through-out the last ten days. Flushing includes allowing exsessive amounts of water to flow through the pot or hydro system, basically eliminating left over nurients and forcing the plant to uptake nutrient free fluid hence flushing the actual plant itself. This aspect alone is the reason I'll flush soil twice and hydro systems for extended time periods. Your buds will take on the natural flavor the herb wants to have and smoking will be allot smoother. Nutrients create harsh weed. As far as your leaves changing colors, I wouldn't look to deep into it. Naturally a plant will utilize stored energy and stop producing food with in it's leaves and tissue when you eliminate food altogether hence the yellowing leaves and browning edges. Some plants just take a little longer to get to this stage. A couple pure water flushes will do the job. I also flush half way through my flowering cycle as well. Good luck

Coir @ 7min, 10target, 12max or becomes pretty darn weak by then (opens up to mold). Best brah.

jorge cervantes says flush for 2 weeks .

Flushing depends on the strain. An easy way to flush the right way is to use your ppm meter. When flushing, my water starts out about 30 ppm's. As the salts & nutes leave your plants, the ppm's will start to rise. When the ppm's stable out, it's time to change the water & repeat the process. Each time you change the water, watch the ppm's. When they stop rising at all, your done.

Yeah i want to be able to taste the bud so i think im going to start flushing for at least a week or until the leaves are yellow. when i only flushed in for about 4 days i grew some white skunk and it tasted good but there was just something to the taste that wasn't exactly right but it was still enjoyable bud

i never flush.. not sayn you shouldnt but, i see tha buds get bigger and bigger from week 3 on out... every week they keep geting fatter.. i run full nutes all the way to harvest.. i mean seams to me that the plant needs nutes to grow and produce.. so when you take them away for, lets say the last week of flower, i would think that your going to loose a little bit of yield.. the plants not gonna keep producing as much as it was when it had full nutes... its like going to the gym for 7 weeks eating good and geting a ton of protien and then going for one week with NO food and NO protien... not a good idea... the water is just a means of taking the nutes up into the plant for processing.. i dont see anything good that can come from flushing... not to mention the fact that taist is all relevant to the drying and curing process.. if you guyes are worried about making the bud taist better.. read up on drying and curing cuz thats where its at...

This is all just my opinion so if you feal you need to respond to something i have said plz do so with respect and courtesy.. im not trying to bash anyone or there ways.. thanks peace

i think flushing (3x the pot) is only required when u have a salt build up, or a ph problem, over fert or something in that nature! if u have used heavy nutes then ur more likely to have a build up in the medium! so flushing is recommended! now if ur using low nutes u can just start giving plain water without flushing for the last week and it will taste smooth, i recommend everyone just to give nothing but water in the last week, cut the nuted 1-2 weeks from harvest! good luck every, just my 2 cents!

Bleek187 said:
i never flush.. not sayn you shouldnt but, i see tha buds get bigger and bigger from week 3 on out... every week they keep geting fatter.. i run full nutes all the way to harvest.. i mean seams to me that the plant needs nutes to grow and produce.. so when you take them away for, lets say the last week of flower, i would think that your going to loose a little bit of yield.. the plants not gonna keep producing as much as it was when it had full nutes... its like going to the gym for 7 weeks eating good and geting a ton of protien and then going for one week with NO food and NO protien... not a good idea... the water is just a means of taking the nutes up into the plant for processing.. i dont see anything good that can come from flushing... not to mention the fact that taist is all relevant to the drying and curing process.. if you guyes are worried about making the bud taist better.. read up on drying and curing cuz thats where its at...

This is all just my opinion so if you feal you need to respond to something i have said plz do so with respect and courtesy.. im not trying to bash anyone or there ways.. thanks peace

I agree with you Bleek, I never flush.:)

Every time i see this stuff, makes me second, triple guess myself!

I've always flushed, but agree that right at the time they are really swelling, cutting them off seems wrong. Going to try the .3 for last week w 1-2 days water as a trial. Right? Several solid people always posts for the no flush... each time... fine, i'll give it a compromised try! ;-)

Question Bleek & Steve... had a bud snap a stem right at flush... lower branch & easier to just cut, so did it. It burned so harsh... like nothing else I had smoked. It was still being nuted at the time & this was the only thing I could attribute it to... although appx 8-9 days before fully ready. Any ideas? It was snapping and all...?

i picked a early batch in weeks 8, then a lil batch on week 9 that has been watered with nothin but water FOR 7 DAYS!

so i got nugs with nutes, and nugs without nutes, BY FAR THE STUFF THAT WAS GETTING NUTES (WEEK 8) IS WAY HARSHER! I DONT CARE WAT U GUYS SAY! THE WEEK 9 NUGZ THAT HAVE BEEN FED WITH WATER FOR 7 DAYS IS WAY SMOOTHER! TRY IT FOR YOUR SELFS, ALL THIS IS A HE SAY SHE SAY, EXPERIMENT ADN TRY IT OUT! ILL BE TRYING AND PROVING MOLASSES NEXT!

Latest posts

Back