how long is best to veg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedz07

Reaction score
iv got my plants under 3 clfs for 4 weeks now how much longer do you recmend

pedz07 said:
iv got my plants under 3 CFL's for 4 weeks now how much longer do you recommend

Well, you're in the right place, my friend. This place is the best group in the world for a beginner to learn from. At any given time, I'd say there are at least a dozen people who have never grown weed, starting out here on Marijuana Passion.

You'll need to read a bunch of threads here.

Let's look at some of the basics.

Your plants can be sexed as they become sexually mature at about 6 weeks old. When they aren't sexually mature, the branches come out on the main stem, directly across from each other. Yours are doing that now.

At about 6 weeks old, the branches start doing what is known as "Alternating". That means that the branches no longer grow out directly across from one another, but one on one side and the next slightly higher on the main stem on the other side. You'll see the difference when it happens.

Marijuana can not be flowered until it's sexually mature. It won't do anything until then as far as flowers forming.

After the plants become sexually mature, you can see which are males and females because of the "Pre-Flowers" that form on almost all strains. These "Pre-Flowers" are what tell you they are male or female.

Unless you want seeds, you must remove the males from the grow area. Most people just destroy the males outside somewhere by burning or composting them. Male pollen can travel back inside with you if you grow them outside.

Light is also a very large issue. If you go to the "Lighting" section of this forum and start reading the stickys, you'll be on your way to learning about that aspect of growing MJ.

Good luck to you man!

pedz07 said:
iv got my plants under 3 clfs for 4 weeks now how much longer do you recmend

Welcome
What stoney says!!
Ask away and your on your way for some Great Buds!!!

youll look around and find this answer. Veg them till you want them to flower. People like to put their plants in flowering depending on their situation. For me, I let them get big!. Im not rushed in any means, as for others who, throw their grow right in when sexed. This way the plant is finished faster meaning that you can start a new crop. These people have it down to a science. I like to get the most out of my plants so I always wait till I feel the time is right. I had my clones veg till almost 2 ft.

yeah you picked a great site to start out on the members on here and some of the coolest/ nicest people ever, and the really know their stuff. they are always willing to answer your questions too. keep it green

Latest posts

Back