HOw long should it take to sprout???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bustabus

Reaction score
hello fellow farmers,
I started germing on the 13th, Only one opened on wed. so i soaked my soil. i planted it put under 24/o light. I have been watering for 3 days and still has not sprouted. I'm using seeds from a bank.
The strain is KANDAHAR. I have only used bagseeds in the passed. Is there something that i dont know. I indica more difficult to grow than run of the mill seeds. If anyone has a time line they like to share, open for comments. thanks

Did you place the seeds straight into soil or did you wait until the seeds cracked to put them in? IF you just put them straight into soil they may never sprout. It also depends on how deep you planted them. It usually take mes from 1 to 4 days for them to sprout from crack seeds.

i did the paper towel germ. it had about a quarter inch.root . I was thinking that i planted it to deep. I went ahead and started to germ another seed.. Is it more difficult to grow indica strain/ hybrids??

I'm not much help when it comes to this question.

If you were watering everyday maybe you over watered. Seedlings do not use a lot of water when young.

On a side note:
hydrotoker said:
IF you just put them straight into soil they may never sprout.

Might want to inform Mother Nature of this.

I place my seeds in soil or rapid rooter and usually in 2 day they are up and growing

Whenever i plant seeds with the taproot showing they all come up within the first 48 hrs i never had one take longer then that so i would say it's most likely a goner.

pcduck, what I meant was if you germinate your seeds first you alteast know they are viable compared to just putting then straight into the soil

Thats cool Hydro It just made me laugh, the way you expressed it the first time

i agree with pcduck sounds like u overwatered:eek:
let it dry out and see what happens before u water again:)

Thanks for the info . I am going to try and not water . I thought that it was to dry. I had it under a gro bulb. It was to hot . Now there under flo. And i think i saw the seed pushing up. I am not giving it time to develop .

Latest posts

Back