how long to veg.? also some problems, what could it be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boardercross91

Reaction score
hi, i know this is a basic question, and its usaully plant specific, but i was wondering how long should i veg my plant for(its bag seed) should i wait for the 5th node to show or what? i think the've been vegging for 3 weeks almost, there at my buddys house so i dont see them everyday. ill get some pics of them tommarow and post them up.

also, i hadnt seen them for a week, when i came to check on them the bottom leaves were yellowing, and the top looked extremely healthy. i could tell they needed to be watered(dry leaves, soil wasnt even moist) but i watered them last night and they started to show signs of getting better, but do you think thats what was causing them to do this? also, if i put them on flower should i wait a couple days after i transplant? could it put too much stress on the plants to have the transplant and new light schedule all at once?

:ciao:How big they should be is up to you ... how much to you want to yield? The bigger the plant ... the more the yield ... so that is up to you ... how tall a growspace you have is a factor as well ...

Now the reason for the yellow leaves at the bottom can vary ... one reason if they were seedling is the baby leaves are doing what is natural ... during yellow and dropping off ... since the top is healthy and green it should be okay ... it has been 3 weeks so you can think about feeding them ... that another reason leaves turn yellow ... but I think the first cause is what's happening

... if you transplant you can put them right to flower if you wish ... but I would give them a couple of weeks to get establish ... again it is up to you ... :beatnik:

... good luck with your grow ... :watchplant:

my 2 cents (for what it's worth)
when to flower? when the plant shows signs of sexual maturity. in layman's terms when the nodes are alternating instead of symmetrical. i personally like to veg for 6 weeks OR when the plant reaches 12"-15" in hight

transplant before flowering? give them at least a few days (i like to wait a weeks personally) before switching their light cycle. let them get over the shock of being moved about.

lower leaves yellowing? well this is more complicated. most likely, it is just the natural growth pattern. the seedling leaves and the first set of 'finger' leaves tend to yellow and die, no big deal there. without pics i hesitate to speculate on any kind of disorder or deficiency, I'm always terrified I'll 'diagnose' wrong and give bad advice so pics would be lovely in that regard.

MamaG

ETA: bah! Rebel beat me to it,lol!

Latest posts

Back