how much carbon for my box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishboybug

Reaction score
hey guys, i have a very small box that measures 2x2x4. i am curious on how much carbon will be needed to keep the smell of my plants away. is there any formula that can help me? i am using 4) 100w cfl's each producing 1600 lumins and 6500k. i have my box vented with 1 cpu fan and the temp stays around 84 degrees. has anyone vented a box with just a small amount of carbon before? the best deal i have found is at walmart, its $6 for a 9oz container.

What are you going to use to hold the carbon? A cpu fan isnt even close enough in strength to pull air through a carbon filter...

i am using 4) 100w cfl's each producing 1600 lumins and 6500k
you mean 26 watt cfls wit 100 watt equivalent right? all my 23 watters are each 1600 lumens each and my veg cab is 1x2ft and im usin 6 in there.
may wanna consider few more cfl's . i'd shoot as close to 3000 lumens per square foot AT LEAST.
very small box that measures 2x2x4
thats 4 square feet meanin goin for round 12000 lumens at least you should really run at leats 7-8 of them cfls. if ya usin 4 bulbs now then just grab 4 splitters them Y shaped ones. they got at wal-mart for 2-3 bux i think. and grab 4 more bulbs. simple! JMHO.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=501410&postcount=119
but heres a link to one i made wit a pc fan ur talkin bout. ya may wanna devise a diff carbon thingy than i did tho. i found after runnin it a few days it lost alot of its effeciency due to the thickness.
so i just took two of the lid parts to the one in the pix and made a small/thinner carbon thingy. all it was was two disk plate thingies wit slotted vents from lids off them ONA block things ya get at wal-mart. and i wrapped nylon round both and tapped together and hotguled a 4 inch pc fan to one side and stuck it onthe end of my exhaust duct.
tho i also use a ONA bucket in conjunction to this as well. and also have a second fan on oppisite end of same exhaust duct. so it more like a booster i guess. but works for me.
just throwin an ideo out to ya maybe take it and improve it or watever.
hope it helps
:48:

nice idea zip!! how long did the carbon last in the filter made with just the 2 lids? i thought about filling the pantyhose with carbon and putting it in a large water bottle. i cut the bottom out and cut the neck of the bottle just a little bigger i use the redneck chrome too.

not very long of course the size is small and not much able to fit inside that much space there but it was effective for me couple weeks maybe 3 or better. not sure dont remember . never really kept trak i guess lol. i just refill when i notice a lil stank startin to build is all.
but i only use like half cup i think it is or maybe 3/4 cup of carbon to fill it if taht i think.

6$ every 3 weeks :huh: i got a small jug of that fish aquarum carbon and use that. it at walmart for liek 6-7 bux i think.
and has well over 3-4 cups in it or better.
or check into some this stuff here we was talkin bout this mornin. im gonna start tryin this once an see how it workls. its hella cheaper too.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46570
this stuff is like only 4.50 for a 4lb bag at wal mart even.

Latest posts

Back