How much light is lost?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Autoflower

Auto Flower Lover
Reaction score
how much light is lost if i leave my grow tent doors open all the time?

well, If you have doors i would close them to ensure the efficiency of my grow. May i ask, why would you want to leave your tent doors open?

One thing, if they're in flowering it just makes it prone to light leaks. Also inviting pests or your company to stumble accross the wrong open door!

Honestly i wouldn't ever recommend leaving my grow cabinet not sealed.

However i have done a grow just "wrapping" mylar around a few plants to create a pretty crappy grow room. It really didn't do as good as when it's sealed up, exhausted, and kept at proper tempatures.

its a auto grow so light leaks dont matter and its a heat issue.if i have em open i can keep it at 75f-78f with the 400w hps 12inches away.

I have to do the same thing, light leaks are not a problem if you just shut the doors when the light is off. :doh:

I put up a light on the open side once there in flower, works good for me but opening and closing the door each day is a chore.

I use 2-1000 watt HPS lights in a 4x8 tent. 6 in 500CFM vortex on high and I am 12 degrees above ambient temp. Regardless of ambient temp.

So a 70 degree day leaves me at 82

ya it got really warm here the last week so once it gets cold ill try it closed agin

What are you running for ventilation? Generally during this time of year if you have adequate air exchange your space will stay cool enough. I have to run my 6" Vortex at about 1/2 speed or my space gets too cold.

Do you have insulated ducting on the fan or just regular? It helps allot with the noise. with the door closed i cant even hear my 250cfm.

I have a 448 cfm Vortex (with insulated ducting) located in the crawl space directly under my bedroom. I cannot hear it at all even when it is running full out.

i can barley fit the reg ducting in cuz it has to rap around from the back which is the only top vent then its pinch and brought through by the closest door.im workin with extremly minimum space. i dont think that puff stuff would fit.this tent barely fits into this closet.

Latest posts

Back