How much longer till these are done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashul

Reaction score
This is a picture of my most advanced outdoor lady. I can only visit her once every two weeks. Does anyone have any opinion how much longer (roughly) until harvest time?
Thanks.
:)

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

I would also say about 4 weeks min, and thats assuming that they are indica's. But they aren't. So it could be another 8 weeks if it were a haze or heavily sativa geno, which it looks like they are.

hunters are wat i worry bout round that time too but im on land thats posted but ropund here noone ever listens to signs lol...

looks good,but I agree with the the late Sept. early Oct. mark. My plants are at about the same or a lil bit more advanced stage.I have my mind set for mid Oct. What strain is that,Cali. orange bud?

I have no idea what strain that is...i have 3 different strains from 3 different people. It's my first grow, i'm not very good at telling anything. I try to do it by the "book" (you guys).

The only problem is that where they are...it can freeze half way through September...so if it is mid October i do not know what i am gonna do. Any suggestions?

Yup, watch the weather and the trichs. When the weatherman says it's gonna freeze, you'll need to harvest, or (depending on strain) maybe in the case of a frost you could brown bag the heads. In years past, I grew mostly sativa, which goes until the end of November sometimes. So, if there was only going to be a frost, I would go out the night before and brown bag as much of the tops as I could. But a few days of sub 40's, and you should just cut your losses and harvest. It's better to get something than nothing.

mistisrising said:
Yup, watch the weather and the trichs. When the weatherman says it's gonna freeze, you'll need to harvest, or (depending on strain) maybe in the case of a frost you could brown bag the heads. In years past, I grew mostly sativa, which goes until the end of November sometimes. So, if there was only going to be a frost, I would go out the night before and brown bag as much of the tops as I could. But a few days of sub 40's, and you should just cut your losses and harvest. It's better to get something than nothing.

Do the bags need to be plastic? Or cloth?
Thanks!

crashul said:
Do the bags need to be plastic? Or cloth?
Thanks!

I was speaking of brown paper actually, it doesn't seem to stick as much. I would use small lunch bags for the sides, where you can, and large shopping one for the colas. That is in the case of straight up stalks, if you have bushes, as I did with the sativas, try to group a buch together in the shopping bags rather than a bunch of the smaller ones. Remember, this is only good in cases of frost, not sustained cold temps.

I never tried cloth, I imagine that they wouldn't stick any more than paper, and it would be easier to secure them at the bottom.

four to six weeks will serve you a good buds according to that picture, not this date alright lol sorry if that took me too long to get back on the line lol

Hey man,
I gotta give you kudos for a fine first time grow :D I think you'll be ok, watching the weather, checking the trichs, and keeping the girls happy.The brown bag trick works well, so long as you can return when the temps rise to remove them. I once knew a fella who grew enormous sativas. He would compost organic refuse, with urea and a few other ingredients to expedite decomposition. He swore to me that the piles around the plants would not only keep his babes warm at night, but drive away some unwanted pests and keep the interest of the ones that did not want to leave. I went to his spot in late october (Nor'eastern part of the land) to see his steamy piles, about 5' high measuring core temps of 114-120 degrees F!! It seemed to work quite well,raising the immediate temps in and around the patch just enough to swing a chill. It also provided his following years grow plenty of organic nutes. This method takes alot of knowledge and privacy. I just wanted to share that with the board,because it left quite an impression.

papabeach1 said:
four to six weeks will serve you a good buds according to that picture, not this date alright lol sorry if that took me too long to get back on the line lol

Papabeach I suspect something. I wish i were as happy as you were when you posted this...:);)

Well, FlyingNatural, It certainly left an impression on me. That sounds like a complicated process to one as inexperienced as I. I would not venture to try that yet. But i've never heard of this and it sounds very interesting. I hope the experienced growers will comment on that.

Thanks.

FlyingNatural said:
Hey man,
The brown bag trick works well, so long as you can return when the temps rise to remove them.

How did I forget to say that? Thanks, yeah, you'll need to go back in the morning to take them off. They do need sunshine...

Latest posts

Back