how much to water in flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TITAN

Reaction score
hello yall.

how much are you really suppose to water your plants in flowering. I am never sure if I should water or not. my soil is dry a lot.

my plants are 24 days into flowering. I saw red on my pistels for the first time today. using mg orangic choice potting soil.

currently I water them with 1 cup each every 4 days. ios that ok.

plants each have their own 18qt pot.

is there a set amount to water or is each plant different.

I was taught (as I grow indoor in pots) to lift the pots and see if they are heavy. The reference is what they felt like when you first potted them.

If I was growing different strains at the same time I found that some strains **** more water than others. Also, as they grow, the plants use more water. With that, I don’t think there is a good recommendation for how much or how frequent. I check everyday and lift them to see how heavy they are. If there are heavy the don’t need water that day and if they are light then I add water. That may or may not be something you can do (physical limitations might make it hard for some folks). I know some folks that use water meters but I never had luck with that.

I also ensure I have at least 25% of the water I add comes out (run-off). This seems to help reduce the change of chemical build up which might give you nutrient lock up.

Just my thoughts

Lil Elvis

so, I can understand that. with that said, am I suppsoe to have run off.

when I water, I only wet the the top a bit. am I suppose to wet the whole top soil so it can soak through. I have never done that. I water about a cup each and the next day they seem bone dry. even 1-2 inches under. should I add more water when I do water.

plus, I just noticed, I have root at the top of my soil. I was feeling the soil for dampness and at about a couple cm under are roots. I can actually pull them ( I didn't really pull though ) and they can stretch out 3 inches above the soil if I straighten them out.

please advise

by only watering the top it does not give a chance for the roots to spred through the pot thus provoking groth it makes the roots turn towards the top and choke eachother water till you se drippes from bottom then stop check weight when that has been done and every couple days do so has work for me hus many many time and great grows and great yeilds and better groth!!

It kinda depends on what light your using. There is a big difference between HPS and using CFL to grow.
If its hps, say 400w in a closet, you will water like every other day.
if its cfl like every 3rd day....

I am using 4 T12's at 3000 lumens each.

Latest posts

Back