How to increase/decrease pH of SOIL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuy103

Praying for a female!
Reaction score
How do I increase/decrease the pH of the SOIL. I've read that the use of buffers like dolomite lime can help increase the pH, but that's if it's pre-mixed into the soil.

So, how can I change the pH of my SOIL?

*I am using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil with the trio of liquid nutrients, although I'm cutting out the Big Bloom. I'm just using the Tiger Bloom from now on as my plants are in their second week of flower. The plants are in one gallon pots.

*I've also read that FF nutrients can be acidic which is why I think I'm having problems. I think the acidity of the nutrients have lowered the pH of the soil resulting in nutrient lock out.

all i do is go to my local pool store and you can buy ph up or ph down i mix it with my water for my plants and it changes the soil ph accordingly seems to work for me anyway i just don't use very much at one time.

Hello Cuy103 :)

First things first.

How are you measuring your PH?

What reading is this method you are using telling you the PH measurement is?

You say your plants are in 1 gal pots, how tall are they?

:peace:

Thanks Hippy.

I'm measuring the pH by testing the run-off.

I'm using a liquid pH test kit.

My NL1 is about 15' tall and my NL2 is about 10' tall.

Cuy, from my experience, I'd say that those liquid pH test kits aren't reliable. I used to use those and my plants suffered. See if you can't find a digital meter, either online, or at a hydro store. Mine is made by Blue Lab and it works quite well.

Thanks Alistair.

I am considering purchasing a digital meter. I'm still shopping around for a good one.

Aside from adjusting the pH of the water, is there a way to adjust the pH of the SOIL?

I've read that dolomite and epson salt work but only if it's pre-mixed into the soil before planting...:confused:

Latest posts

Back