How would you slice it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peaceful

Reaction score
I am separating a grow and veg space in a closet. The space is 41"w X 48"d X 8't. The bottom has an 8" step up 2' back from the front.

I am going to put a shelf over the whole floor at about 24" from the floor at the front. This will give me a veg area underneith and in front of the step up that is 41"w X 24"d X 24"t. I have 40k lumens of 6500 t5 that will cover the top of this area completely. I would like to put 9 or so in 1g containers here with a clone station. I figure they can get 1' tall here before burning on the fluoros.

That would leave 6' of height in the upper portion with a flat 41"X48" floor. If I use 3g pots here that are 12" tall, I figure 12" from ceiling to bottom of light, 18" of clearance needed beneith the light, That only allows for a finished plant that is 2'6" tall.

So the ?'s

-Is 22" floor to light enough height for the veg area?
-Is a 1' veg and 2'6" finished height for the girls pose any problems?
-Planning on a 600w dig hps for flower with air cooled reflector. Is 18" as close to this light that the girls can get?

And lastly, I will probably put the new floor/shelf on an angle so I can use it for flood in the future, anybody know how much slope I need? 1" drop in 4'??

BTW, WW and bonus bean crop in the works. :D

Hey peaceful, to answer your question about the room needed for the 600watter. There is no set distance that u need between your tops and the lights. That all depends on the heat being produced by your light. And if u air cool that 600, u may be able to get the light pretty close(4-8" away). U gotta go by the temps at the tops. A good rule of thumb is, put ur hand palm down over the tops of ur plant, and lower the light til its a lil too hot for ur hand, and then raise it up 2 or 3". If its too hot for ur hand, its too hot for ur plants. Keep a thermometer dangling at plant top level, and monitor it. U dont really want the temps at the tops of ur plants to exceed 85* (mid to upper 70s are ideal). The key is, GOOD ventilation. I hope u have a good inline centrifigul fan(not duct booster fan) to pull that heat out. Hope this helped.

Btw, i have a cooltubed aircooled 400w and i keep it only 3 or 4" from my tops, and its a consistent 76-78*.

Also, if ur using T5s for veg, i think 22" is plenty of height for ur veg chamber. I only grow my white rhinos to a veg height of 8-10" (bout 4wks veg and after being fimmed or topped), and they grow to a bushy 4' in flower. If ur concerned bout the heights, just research and use methods like topping, fimming or lst. I fim mine in veg and they turn into 4-6 headed bushy monsters. lol

Latest posts

Back