Humidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humidity is important to all plants, the question you should be asking is what level should my humidity be at. Most recommend not much lower than 30-40 and not much higher than 50-60. You see if its to low the plants leaves won't be able to replace the water in their leaves as fast as they transpire it and will end up burning and turning brittle. To high and you are inviting things like mold and fungus into your grow, also really high humidity will slow a plants growth.

What about growing outdoors? Most times humidity levels can be 100% in mexico and florida, just wondering cause I have no idea

And thats why certain strains do well in certain locations. Every place on the planet has its own mini eco system and a variety of flora and fauna that do well in those conditions. How exactly do you plan on controlling humidity levels outside, why not pick a strain suited to your growing conditions?

i read high humity levels cause plants to not produce as much resin on the leaves i guess because they feel they dont need to. anyone hear of this

I've read the same thing, it would be easy enough to determine for a single strain. Grow out 20 plants and keep the humidity at 30 and then grow out 20 and keep it at 65, don't change anything else and note your observations.

Latest posts

Back