Hydro/Aeroponics Kit, good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imburne

Reaction score
Oh its a DIY kit, not something from GH or something

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330321390058

252301052_tp.jpg

252301093_tp.jpg

252301122_tp.jpg

252301221_tp.jpg

Dude it is just a bunch of misc. parts thrown in a box. Their is nothing there to build a complete aero kit with.

I mean if you get it for 99 cents yeah, but I would not pay more then 20 for it. Then you have to piece the rest of it together.

that inline fan looks alright thats probably at least worth $10 alone.

Actually the axial fan is junk. They are not made to pull or push air, they need positive pressure to reach the cfm's listed and are extremely loud. The pump may be alright and the emitters but that is about it.

I use 2 of those fans to keep my lights cool, it is not really great for much else.
You could use that stuff to make an aero kit and it is by no means complete.
Here is a link to a better DIY aero kit. It is meant for clones, however with you can grow bigger plants in it, just to not veg them for long. Use your imagination a bit to make it work for you.
hxxp://forum.greenmangardens.net/Vanilla/comments.php?DiscussionID=5&page=1#Item_0

What is being offered in that auction is just a bunch of misc parts--I don't know why it says HPS in the header--the light is a 2 tube 24" fluoro--almost useless by itself. The fogger (I think foggers are problematic) doesn't appear to have any kind of device to keep it floating and it has lights. The fan is loud and not very effective...

If you are just starting out, you may be better off going with a simple DWC unit--a res, an air pump, and some air stones and you have DWC.

Looks like a pile of junk to me.

I would just build a DWC don't wast your money fam.

I kinda wanted to build something and not purchase the $700 hydro kit. Thank you for all the advice!

Latest posts

Back