Mars Hydro FC-E 6500 has failed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing about my quantum panels, they each had their own power supply. So using 4, each quarter had its own power supply.

Bubba

No, I have not, but I have been working on some that store shade. Collect it at night....use it when sunny. Not getting very far as of yet! Lol.

Bubba

Personally I suspect the radiated heat is exhausted along with all the other air as the tents themselves are only 300cfm making a 440 cfm exhaust handle two 1000's in a tent no issues........or I could be completely and udderly wrong.
I reckon the odds on that are 50\50 as usual.
😆

A lot turns on the ambient temps in your area. Cooler low humidity areas will be easier to control than very hot and high humidity areas.

41f46JsZeTL._AC_.jpg

Eyeboot 36V 500W DC Universal Regulated Switching Power Supply AC to DC 13.8 Amps
I use one of these to power 4 75watt Quantum Boards , the 1st time to make a 300watt light.

Maybe the infrared radiation is the heat
source that you feel on your hand. I would think that the IR particles/waves(depending on what theory of ‘light’ we are discussing) escape the ‘cool tube’. It looks like HPS lamps emit a spike around 825 nm which is IR.

source that you feel on your hand. I would think that the IR particles/waves(depending on what theory of ‘light’ we are discussing) escape the ‘cool tube’. It looks like HPS lamps emit a spike around 825 nm which is IR.
I was always told to hold your hand under them (hps) at the height above your canopy to see if too hot. Lights shining down on a stage are hot, same sort of thing.

Bubba

Green houses heat up from sunlight.... probably the same thing.

Bubba

The LED lights heat up my tents too, just not as bad. Not only does the light itself feel warm, but the entire metal frame/ body of the light is physically hot as well. The power supply is on a large leed, and can go outside the tent. The power supply does get hot.

With high pressure sodium, I Always had a small fan blowing on the ballast. The transformer type get extra hot, fan helps quite a bit.

Bubba

Fortunately, they used fairly nice quality on all the plugs and connectors, all of them come apart and wires are attached with set screws. Took apart the somewhat mashed little box that has the off on and dimmer switch mounted to it from the unit they sent, no internal damage. Changed out all the mashed/wrong plugs with stuff I had, and light is in business but power supply is a little munched on the outside. Dont know how much I trust it, but since Im finishing a run here in the next couple weeks , it will do until the new power supply gets here. They did offer a refund. I would just buy the same light anyway.

I am scouting out a Meanwell version if not too expensive, just to have around.

Bubba

Fortunately, they used fairly nice quality on all the plugs and connectors, all of them come apart and wires are attached with set screws. Took apart the somewhat mashed little box that has the off on and dimmer switch mounted to it from the unit they sent, no internal damage. Changed out all the mashed/wrong plugs with stuff I had, and light is in business but power supply is a little munched on the outside. Dont know how much I trust it, but since Im finishing a run here in the next couple weeks , it will do until the new power supply gets here. They did offer a refund. I would just buy the same light anyway.

I am scouting out a Meanwell version if not too expensive, just to have around.

Bubba
Take the money and run

Latest posts

Back