Carty's New Mars Hydro TSW-2000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I de-potted a one gal grow bag I used a knife around the outside edges inside the bag Helped a lot too .
I have done this before, but it does not come out as easily as a plastic pot would.
Carty are you using 1 gal plastic pots to start the seeds?
The instructions say plastic pots in the thread AutoS done Cart’s way.

How do you get them out of the 1 gal pots (felt bags)
Mine have always broken apart but I peeled rolled a few down OK?
One slap on the back of the hand for Rosterman.... hold it out... haha.
Why, for not reading my thread and just skimming it.. because............ drum roll. I start ALL my plants in plastic pots, NOT FELT.. the reason being, I don't want to start air trimming my roots during the early stages. Instead, I use plastic Orchid Pots (more drain holes) for 2-3wks.
Allows the plant to establish larger roots and get a nice foothold to support the plant as she gets bigger.

I up pot then into a 2 or 3gal felt pot depending on how many plants or if Autos... all Autos go into 2gal pots.

Last time I de-potted a one gal grow bag I used a knife around the outside edges inside the bag Helped a lot too .
I have done this before, but it does not come out as easily as a plastic pot would.
Carty are you using 1 gal plastic pots to start the seeds?
And Jan wins a Carty award.... unfortunately, I already sent it to her so we are even.... hahaha.

Yes, I found these super cool pots made for Orchids.... which need lots of air so the drain holes are plentiful and the plants thrive...
Water the night before up potting to keep the soil from falling apart during up pot...

When using the pots over, be sure to use CLR when washing them... I rinse mine outside in the yard to get all the dirt off of, then soak them in the tub with CLR water.. (Calcium, Lime & Rust remover) as it disolves all the calcium build up in all the find drain holes... walla. just my little secrets or else they get plugged up..

they do make felt pots for potato plants that have velcro for opening the plant up to up pot now... but the early life in the plastic pot is needed... so they look like this at 2wks old..
Grape Walker Kush.jpg

Why oh Why do I preach the following.... (week 2, remove your cotyledon or round leaf, plus, the single bladed leaf right next to them, and, the 1st set of growth just above these... this way nutrients and water have no stopping points on it's way up to more important parts of the plant...

And THIS is what it looks like a week later. Keep in mind this is an Auto, but it doesn't matter...
20231002_060113.jpg
20231002_060120.jpg

Now, leaf stripping.. this works and guess what, not all of the time does it require removing more then 2 to 4 leaf's... On photo periods, I used to tuck the uppers out of the way, then just started removing them and the results were epic. The lower branches now get full on exposure and within a matter of days have caught up to the main center cola.

Blue Destroyer by my buddy Goat & Monkey.. RIP Matt
20231002_060745.jpg

B pheno of Blue Destroyer
20231002_061534.jpg

Blue Kush
20231002_061054.jpg

20231002_061654.jpg

Well, no responses in a week... been down with a bad back after working on the dryer one day for a few hours.. to much bending and stooping for my back with it's 3 back surgeries... but, I did get it done..

here's week 5

All 8 plants still crammed into one tent.. 5 Autos and 3 photo periods
20231006_015849.jpg

Blue Kush, I just removed the upper fan leaf blocking the lower branches.. give it a week..
20231006_193148.jpg

Blue Destroyer A
20231008_194621.jpg
20231008_194611.jpg

Blue Destroyer B
20231008_194239.jpg
20231008_194250.jpg

Spread things out putting 4 in each tent...
Auto tent 2 x 2 x 4 with Spider Farmer SF1000
20231008_194731.jpg

Photo periods x 3 and 1 big Sativa dom Auto by Mephisto
20231008_194705.jpg

Is that Doug Dawson's seeds?
Yup... I have his Blue Kush in seed and in pollen... tonight it turned out to be a male and Mongo killed it off for me. I also have his seed run of BOG's Blue Moon Rocks.. some reason none showed up this run during germination... but what a beauty of a male cept for the nutsaks... ha

Hey Y'all.... been slacking I know... Giggy my brother, I so appreciate you the phone message.. always nice when someone cares enough to pick up the phone and say nice things like.. ok Carty, this is Giggy.. pick up the phone or I'll kick your ass.. well, that's what i heard... hahaha. apprec bro.
Tonight I actually logged on here at 8:30pm.. fell asleep from lack of sleep and piss poor sleep patterns.. when you never get more then 2hrs of straight realm sleep your body never really rests up... catches up to ya too...woke up it's midnight .. grrrr...

AS long as you catch him without schrrooooms he'll pick the phone up and not just laugh at it ....lol
Hebrew Word of the Day Where the fuk did this sh it come from
לֵיל כָּל הַקְּדוֹשִׁים
Hey brother hope you and ladybug are well. Don't make me come looking for you, I know how you are about forgetting us little folk. LOL

Hebrew Word of the Day
לֵיל כָּל הַקְּדוֹשִׁים

AS long as you catch him without schrrooooms he'll pick the phone up and not just laugh at it ....lol
לֵיל כָּל הַקְּדוֹשִׁים

Hebrew Word of the Day
לֵיל כָּל הַקְּדוֹשִׁים
makes sense

לֵיל כָּל הַקְּדוֹשִׁים

Hebrew Word of the Day
לֵיל כָּל הַקְּדוֹשִׁים
How are you and straw doing brother? I got my new knee, and doing real well.

Hey carty,
How’s tricks I think may have stunted my girls, think it’s with over watering 🤦‍♂️. Sitting about 25cm above soil. Any tips to stretch them 🙏.

Hey carty,
How’s tricks I think may have stunted my girls, think it’s with over watering 🤦‍♂️. Sitting about 25cm above soil. Any tips to stretch them 🙏.
Man, Autos are super tricky and do NOT handle early stress well at all... and it does tend to stunt them.. over watering, feeding to much to soon is a biggie, or starting autos in Solo Cups.. big NO NO... problem with these plants, no chance for recovery. Photo periods you can just grow them a little longer and possible they can veg their way out of it.. Autos don't care, if it's gonna show in 3wks it's gonna show sex no matter the size as it goes by age.. a big big reason why your veg game has to be excellent when growing them..

Many people think, oh, I can use any light cycle let's use 24/0 so they really grow... NOT. laying dormant in the plant is the photo period and it still needs a dark cycle, plus I feel certain oils are produced during said dark cycles... 18/6 seed to week 8, then 20/4 last 2wks..
If already stunted, I'd almost just start over..

damn she's got some Bones on her
Now you know why I'm sending you some of his works dude... and seeds are feminized so it's all about da ladies. send you a few to check out as oldsog and I talked about you and all you have to offer up as far as strains and your eye for breeding. He values our opinion bro, I helped him get his Destroyer dialed in, same one Matt was working on this Blue Destroyer.
The one of these was topped and she is actually going to pull a bit more in the end and buds are fatter..

Last night I started them all on Overdrive.... a bud finisher used late in bloom... put her and the Auto Flower
Grape Walker Kush on it.. she'll finish first I think..
IMG_20231102_202630.jpg
IMG_20231102_202634.jpg

Latest posts

Back