Hydro -> Dirt Transplant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DLtoker

So, my mothers are going into flower. They are some feminized Skunk beans and I really want to start experimenting with dirt. Hydro is very dull compared to soil growing, I am starting to find out. So, I am looking to transplant these bushes. They are almost 2' tall... I can't describe how wide they are and I am too eshausted to take a picture. Either way, they are very literally super dense bushes. Right now they are in 3" net pots with their roots dangling into the reservoir.

I should just spread the roots out as evenly as possible in a container and fill dirt evenly around. I was planing on using only a 1 gallon container due to their veg growth being finished and they will only need to be there for 2 months. Guess I am just looking for some pointers from someone who has done this. :bong1:

Uhh... soil there isn't much to it. My first soil grow is going flawlessly. I dunno I was thinking of starting a hydro grow for 2nd... might stick to soil though, I am an organic taste nut.

Anyhow... soil growing isn't a party... hell it isn't even a night out at the movies. It's like reruns of Gilligans island...

Haha. I find it to be a lot more interesting due to the mycorrhizal fungi, brew tea with your own NPK ratios.... I was looking at the amount of fertilizers I have for soil compared to hydro, and there are five times the amount of things going on in soil. With hydro, I just use the FF line of nutes, Sweet, and maybe some Superthrive. Chemi hydro bud is all around me as well, so it really isn't anything to special.

So, in short, dirt is where I feel all powerful.

I just transferred some that were about that height. The growth slowed for about two days and then they were off!!

Forgot to say that I used 5 gall pots with a peat perillte mix.

DLtoker said:
Haha. I find it to be a lot more interesting due to the mycorrhizal fungi, brew tea with your own NPK ratios.... I was looking at the amount of fertilizers I have for soil compared to hydro, and there are five times the amount of things going on in soil. With hydro, I just use the FF line of nutes, Sweet, and maybe some Superthrive. Chemi hydro bud is all around me as well, so it really isn't anything to special.

So, in short, dirt is where I feel all powerful.

DLT i know what you mean... i thought when i started my hydro grow... it was going to be great interesting and i could watch my plants grow so much faster and fuller... but now that i see... it seems that people who grow organic with soil... get much better yields and healthier plants... its intrigued me into getting a soil grow going...i think i might next month when i harvest mine... i'm interested in your trasnplant though... when you do it... could you take some pictures so i could see the progress... thanks peace

Hey Dltoker... I thought I would put my two cents in. Transplanting wont hurt the plants at all... however I would put them in at least a three gallon pot. Simply because the fertilizer that encourage bud growth also encourage root growth and you dont want your plant to get root bound and stunted

emptypackofcigs said:
DLT i know what you mean... i thought when i started my hydro grow... it was going to be great interesting and i could watch my plants grow so much faster and fuller... but now that i see... it seems that people who grow organic with soil... get much better yields and healthier plants... its intrigued me into getting a soil grow going...i think i might next month when i harvest mine... i'm interested in your trasnplant though... when you do it... could you take some pictures so i could see the progress... thanks peace

depends all on who is growing it bet you my bottom dollar some newbie couldnt grow a better plant in organic soil with organic nutes then stoney or DLT or any other good hydro grower on this forum with their hydro set up it takes time to master any technec of growing anything i remember when i sterted growing like 4 or 5 years ago i couldnt grow anything have way decent my first plant was a male to but then i got in to the circle of growers around hear and they tought me alot then i came to this forum and talked to yall and learned alot hear to so in short its like saying anyone can play gutar but only some can play like peter frampton lol

but yeah dl get you hands dirty and do some soil growing bet you will like!! peace

Kindbud, Thanks for the KIND words... haha. And everyone else for their advice, indiglo, EPAC, blowin.... Everything helps!

With organics, i do believe it is quite impossible to get a larger yield than with hydro. I most certainly can be wrong, but there are so many fake, non organic, wonder makers out there. It is all an experience.

Final decision. I am transplanting into a 1 gallon container tonight, once my flowering lights turn on. I am making a fairly hot mix for them and a super hot mix for the bottom two inches of the pot. These babies are going to bloom a good 8 ozs between the two of them. I will definitely post updates in my journal as well as pictures most likely. I have had a super strenuous day of work so it may wait till tomorrow.:tokie:

yeah same here , i starting out hydro , it was a waste of money , this being my first gorw and all , but after i transported them into some soil, and using FF organic nutes, there were off to the races , had to get rid of a male, but i have 2 sativas and 1 indica plant , there loooking great , cant wait to smoke them

Latest posts

Back