Hydro Help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick Rebel

Reaction score
Help! Had to go away for a few days, bubbling pots (DWS) were fine and full when I left but got back to find one of them dry. A lot of the leaves at the top of the plant are dry and shrivelled, leaves at bottom of plant not too bad. Have attached pics. Buds seem healthy - will the plant survive - is there anything else I can do to save it/help it along? (It is a Mexican Sativa which was doing really well until this mishap!). Thanks for any advice and info.

MV

07082008137.jpg

05082008127.jpg

05082008128.jpg

05082008132.jpg

07082008139.jpg

07082008138.jpg

07082008141.jpg

Oh man.. thats a scary sight to come home to! Give her plenty of water, she should spring back, Im not really familiar with your method but I can emagine she drinks alot H20..

Deep water system using Ionic Bloom and Boost - sorry forgot to mention that!! Thanks for your advice
MV

No problem, hey How's that Ionic workin out for ya? I just got some and am about to give it a try..any tips?

I had the same thing happen. I had a family emergency and had to leave town immediately for several days. I had 2 plants that had drank all their water and were dry and dying. I (of course) immediately gave them water--poured some through the pot to completely hydrate the roots and also sprayed the foliage. One survived and one did not. Only time will tell, but I think that yours looks like it has enough healthy growth that it will make it.

I think Ionic is a really easy nutrient to start off with. Have used Grow, Bloom and Boost and they have all been good for my plants, got some healthy looking fems (apart from the dehydrated one - which was down to my negligence!!). Not had any problems using the nutrients but do fancy going on to the 3-part nutrient for my next plants - apparently gives a bigger yield - will wait and see!! I did use blood bud for the fist weeks of flowering and now am using ton o bud powder to get a good crop.

MV

Is it advisable to take off the dead leaves so the plant isn't using energy trying to feed these or just let them fall of naturally? MV

TURKEYNECK said:
thanks, leave the leaves, they'll fall off when they're ready.

thanks bro , i was taken them of thinking the plant would be wasting her energy tryin feed the dyin leaves ;)

Maverick Rebel said:
thanks bro , i was taken them of thinking the plant would be wasting her energy tryin feed the dyin leaves ;)

Well I would think the same way but most folks say to leave 'em till the plant uses all the goodness out of 'em..which also makes since. Goodluck

wow that is horrible thats a decent size plant i dont know what to tell you just try giving it more nutrients i guess, i would say mist the leaves but thats up to you,

best of luck

I know it looks dead, but i had this happen and they came back fine. Don't touch the leaves some may come back to life and the plant should be fine. Just take it easy on her with stress until she recovers AND LOOK FOR HERMIES!

Latest posts

Back