HYDRO seedling care

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highman

berry berry sneaky!
Reaction score
Step1: place seeds in a damp ph adjusted 5.5 paper towel then place that towel in a sandwhich bag and leave in a humid dark place ( i use my garage but i live with 85-100 degree weather so it works well)

Step2: flush your dry rockwool cubes with PH adjusted water to remove impurities and remove future PH problems. If your not that anal use distilled water if your even more lax just use bathtub water.

Step 3: let cubes slightly dry then soak at least 24 hrs with a ph adjusted water of 5.5 - 6.0

Step 4: drop tailed beans into the rockwool about 1/4 inch with tail facing down then cover the whole so light does not enter.

Step 5: place the cubes in a tupper wear or humidity dome of some type. fill the tray with 1/4-1/2 inch with ph adjsted 5.5-6.0 water

Step 6: place Dome or container in humid dark area for 24 hrs, check for growth if nothing has broken the surface i like to hang a light above the dome to promote growth. i use a t5 (about 2 feet away)

Step 7: once my seedlings break the surface i transplant them from the dome to my mini flood system. I leave them under the light 24hrs a day i use t5's and get them as close to the plant as safely possible.

Step 8: watering your seedlings, i have found that strait distilled ph adjusted 5.8 water every 4 hours for 15 min has worked well. I keep this up untill roots shoot from the base and then its time to transport them into the big system

this is my experience with seedlings if you have any pointers go ahead and point hem out this is to help anyone with questions that i had

Latest posts

Back