I am a Newbie!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdrov1x

Reaction score
I am new to this, but I want to get solid info before I dive into this with both feet. I want to do a deep water culture bucket system. Does anyone have an opinion on the bucket system, or the systems with a community reservoir? Also I am gonna be growing in a 4x4x6.5 tent, but still have an entire room in my house devoted to this. also doe anyone have any experience with these new led lights, do they actually grow as well as the hid lighting? any input would be appreciated.

Welcome to MP... most here will tell you to pass on the LEDs for the time... as far as a hydro setup you will prob get more help with that question in the hydro section...

Welcome to MP....you will hve a better chance of getting your questions answered if you ask them in the corresponding sections...we hve a Hydro section, and a lighting section as well as many other sections...but to touch on the last question you asked...well LED's are still not as good as an HPS for flowering...it will probably be some time before they equal or even better an HPS system...might not ever happen...who knows...
Here is a good place to start>>>>http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

Welcome to MP. All your answers are in the forum jump. Check it out after taking a peak at the site rules. Dirt grower here, our dwc people will chime in soon. What strains ya interested in?

:welcome:
I'm a DWC'r here.. not too experienced yet though..
i've run single bucket/tubs but haven't yet worked out a master reservoir.
i'm sure it makes things easier in the long run.
my buddy just set up a system with the master res and says it helps to keep the nute levels even and whatnot, but if your gonna be doing different strains, you may wanna start with individual lone buckets cause they'll have different nutrient requirements.

If you are flowering, using both Metal Halides (more white light) and High Pressure Sodium (red light dominant) will really boost your flowering.

So, Metal Halides or flourscents for vegging, and either Metal halides and/or High Pressure Sodium for flowering.

Led lights, your grow room would have to be lined with these things, not economical at the moment but they consume far less power.

Latest posts

Back