I can provide a safe, secure chat room.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KaliKitsune

Hotboxed Fox
Reaction score
I posted about this in an old thread that nobody might read, so I figured I'd post here. (Mods delete the old post in announcements if you feel necessary)

I can provide us with a chat room that is safe and secure. We can make the room members-only very easily, or we can just password protect the room. The chat involves video, voice, and text. You DO NOT NEED A WEBCAM if you wish to join this room, or we can set it up so only those with webcams can enter.

The only major thing needed is BANDWIDTH. I'll be more than happy to pay for the server license so we can get the room set up.

The only thing you would have to do to access the room is download a program called Camfrog - it's small, spyware and adware free. It's free to use, but you only get to see one webcam at a time. You can pay to obtain a pro client license which allows you to view 100 webcams at once.

The server software is free as well, but it's restricted in that it won't let you set a room password and you can only have 10 people in the room at any given time. The pro server license allows (for our purposes) practically unlimited users.

This program is available for Windows and OSX, so Mac users are not left out!

I'll even donate a few extra hundred for the initial bandwidth stuff, if need be. I've got the $$$ to spare, and I'll pay for the server license

What say ye, oh passionate marijuana lovers?

Site Admins and Mods - if you wish to contact me concerning this, I'm on AIM: KaliKitsune420

Well, that sounds like a fun thing to do. However, we're not supposed to show our faces, thus revealing to some extent our true identities (I've always wondered if Hick really looks like his avatar and if he really wears a shower cap). Just the same, it sounds like fun. We could do online smoke sessions together, and show off our stuff, etc.

Alistair Young said:
Well, that sounds like a fun thing to do. However, we're not supposed to show our faces, thus revealing to some extent our true identities (I've always wondered if Hick really looks like his avatar and if he really wears a shower cap). Just the same, it sounds like fun. We could do online smoke sessions together, and show off our stuff, etc.

Don't have to show your face - you could just grab something like Splitcam and use a static image as your video stream :) Also, like I said, you don't need the webcam to chat. :) You can do voice or text chat in the room (ahh, the sounds of bongrips on the mic, how I miss thee)

As it is, I'm not concerned about people seeing my face. I'm sure the government's already sick of seeing it, as I'm constantly in their face on almost a monthly basis.

Sounds like a perfect plan destined to be bad for any Americans. That's just my opinion, probably bad all around...But it'd be hella cool if we COULD do that w/o possible legal ramifications. Remember...even w/a mmj license you're still violating Federal law. Sorry...not trying to **** on your party, friend, I just live and die by the old addage" Tis better to err on the side of caution" and what not. By putting our faces online, we're doing 1/2 of the DEA's job for them. No offence.

7greeneyes, I notice your Van Gogh painting avatar. I was just looking at some of his paintings last night while doing a Google image search.

7greeneyes said:
Sounds like a perfect plan destined to be bad for any Americans. That's just my opinion, probably bad all around...But it'd be hella cool if we COULD do that w/o possible legal ramifications. Remember...even w/a mmj license you're still violating Federal law. Sorry...not trying to **** on your party, friend, I just live and die by the old addage" Tis better to err on the side of caution" and what not. By putting our faces online, we're doing 1/2 of the DEA's job for them. No offence.

How does anyone see our face if we have exclusive control over who enters and who does not? With Camfrog, all we do is simply BAN THE ENTIRE INTERNET by IP address. That stops random people from accessing it. Then we get the Camfrog names of our members and add them into the allow section of the banlist, from there on the room only gets people in that we specify.

Trust me, I have planned this entire thing inside and out. Nobody would get in unless we allowed them, period. It's just that simple. :)

Alistair Young said:

Yes HICK dos where a shower cap:p ...to cover up the grey:)

Alistair Young said:
lolol....me too

KaliKitsune said:
How does anyone see our face if we have exclusive control over who enters and who does not? With Camfrog, all we do is simply BAN THE ENTIRE INTERNET by IP address. That stops random people from accessing it. Then we get the Camfrog names of our members and add them into the allow section of the banlist, from there on the room only gets people in that we specify.

Trust me, I have planned this entire thing inside and out. Nobody would get in unless we allowed them, period. It's just that simple. :)

In America it is called The Patriot Act and in other countries it is enforced by America. They can see what we write in this place and I am sure that they do. They can join with anonymous names and go through the forum. They can see whatever they can. They can go through our emails and they can listen to our phone calls no matter who you are. All of these methods are legal for them to do, except the law prohibits a lot of invasion of privacy, they still do it out of paranoia. Since this forum invites new users, which is the greatest appeal, you would never know who is who that is coming along. You cannot expect every IP address to belong to the actual person. It is definitely a bad idea to do voice and video but a chat room might work if you can change this kind of format with the threads and posts to a thread and live chat. The subject is just not one to get or need to be extremely personal about.

Also it kind of contradicts the purpose of webcam if you cannot see each other.

Everyone forgets about the stupid Patriot Act. They can look through credit card transactions and banks. They can see anything that streams through an online system or anything with their numbers on it. They could even track a bill if they want to. Every currency has a code on it and they can track that currency upon leaving the place it is made to every sale. If they really wanted to they could do that. Most good business will not support the invasion of their customer's privacy but some do it just to have favor with the government. This does not exclude anyone. They don't pick certain people to use The Act. They have picked out so many people just for anything out of ridiculous suspicion and then pay them off or tell them never to tell anyone or it's going to be a mess for the rest of their lives. I mean I hate to say it but you can't even trust the people who you are supposed to trust anymore. We can be optimistic sure but right now this would definitely be a risk that I myself do not want to take a chance on. A lot of people on here have families, jobs, and regular lives like everyone else. Although there is nothing to fear, there is a lot to lose. This is just my twenty-five cents. :(

i have a very important question kali, are you a police officer or a paid informant? if so you are required by law to answer the question. if not, o.k. but the format of this site is here for a reason and in the intrest of personal saftey i suggest anyone engaging in conversation with anyone from this site in a secure environment other than this site ask this question.

it's not that i beleive you are a law officer or a paid informant, but im allergic to incarceration, and i take enough chances as it is.

while there are MANY people here i'd like to meet i can understand why it can't happen. i like my version of Hick in his shower cap and, if i met the real one, i'd hate to be disappointed............

and the same goes for me.

Alistair Young said:

What I want to know is, who is Fuzzy Wuzzy!!?? :confused:

clanchattan said:
i have a very important question kali, are you a police officer or a paid informant? if so you are required by law to answer the question. if not, o.k. but the format of this site is here for a reason and in the intrest of personal saftey i suggest anyone engaging in conversation with anyone from this site in a secure environment other than this site ask this question.

it's not that i beleive you are a law officer or a paid informant, but im allergic to incarceration, and i take enough chances as it is.

while there are MANY people here i'd like to meet i can understand why it can't happen. i like my version of Hick in his shower cap and, if i met the real one, i'd hate to be disappointed............

and the same goes for me.

Nope, I'm no police officer. Couldn't be one with my horrible physical condition. No worries there. Besides, I doubt most cops would have half the knowledge I do. ;)

And I've been incarcerated myself, Conspiracy to Witness Auto Burglary. Stupid charge.

Yo Ho KaliKitsune,
I can remember back when I first arrived here, and a few too many questions along with the idea of hooking up with new found friends got me shunned for awhile, and suspicions were raised, it didn't feel good at all.
Now after a long while and patience I do have many friends here, and I have learned to respect their privacy, You cannot hide that which you think you can. My recommendation is to cool your jets, and let it go.
All the good intentions in the world will not forgive you if even one soul here gets hurt.
I understand now that I brought my problems here upon myself, my bad. but the folks here were right, In a turn around blessing they were forgiving as well, but it took time for them to get to know me.
MarP busts his butt to provide a fairly safe sanctuary, chill and enjoy it.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back