I did everything wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usandthem

Reaction score
I started my second grow from seed.Just a bunch of mixed bagseed that a friend gave me. We didn't have a clue what they were from. I germinated 12 seeds and got 7 plants. I only had room for 6 so I put the 2 smallest ones in a 3 gallon pot together. I did ,at least,put a divider between the roots of the 2 plants.The 3 gallon pots were filled with Miracle Grow potting soil.I topped once during veg. When they were about 16 inches tall I switched to 12/12 light and began to flower. After they showed their sex I had 3 girls. One of the girls was sharing a pot with a male so I pulled him and removed the divider. Oh,BTW, my growbox is 2'x3'x6' tall with 360 watts of CFL. The girl that had shared a pot had pink flowers.When the trichs were about 50% cloudy I harvested the top buds and waited about 10 days to harvest the rest.After drying and curing I ended up with about 5 ounces of bud. All of the smoke was very good but the little girl that shared a pot was excellent. Two hits and your good for the rest of the night. The first time I smoked it I smoked a whole joint by myself before I started to get a buzz. It kind of creeps up on you.I thought I was going to die for a little while.LOL. I don't roll it into joints any more. It's too easy to over do it. Just 2 hits from my pipe and put it out.Things I did wrong.One.I used MG soil.Shame on me.Two.I had more than one plant in a pot.It can be done. Three. I used CFL's from start to finish. Next grow I plan on using clones from a revegged mother.Organic soil.One plant per pot and HPS lights to flower. If I do it all by the book next time I hope to get high by just looking at the plants. Ha! Usandthem from where the grass is blue

Good luck man i hope ur second grow goes well for ya. If you got the time post a grow journal and keep us updated. I know a ton of people, including myself, love reading the journals

Having more than two plants per pot can be done, but is not a good idea. In my grows I always used CFL from start to finish and I was always happy with the results. MG soil sucks. Anyway it sounds like you're off to a good start, so keep up the good work and don't be afraid to ask questions, that's the only way to learn. That being said, the best way to learn is to do some research for yourself.

was about my last grow. Right now I'm revegging the girl with the pink flowers in hopes of cloning some more 2 hit weed. I've had good luck with MG soil. The trick is to not give any nutes until you start to flower.There's plenty of nutrients in the soil already. I'll probably stick with the MG for a while but I do hope to add a 250 watt HPS to my box and supplement that with CFL's around the bottom to get about 360 watts of light. I have heat issues during the warm months so I probably won't start another grow until the fall. So between now and then I'll work on revegging and cloning and upgrading my box. I've got plenty of good weed so I shouldn't run out before my next harvest. I know we shouldn't put more than one plant per pot but I didn't want to toss a plant just because I didn't have enough space.If I'd tossed one there was a 50% chance I'd have tossed the best plant I've grown to date. I'm no spring chicken.I've been all over the world. Europe, the USA,Central America and Alaska and I've sampled the smoke where ever I've gone and this weed that I almost threw away is in top three best smokes I've ever had. I'm new to indoor farming but I know good weed when I see it. Well,I've got to go now. Thanks for the comments. Usandthem from where the grass is blue.

Latest posts

Back