I don't know what's going on around here...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalchick832

Reaction score
But this place used to be fun to hang out on. The forums, especially the coffee table, were always full of jokes and good times. Lately, however, it seems like quite a few people have run out of funny smoke or something. I posted the motivational posters because they ARE funny. I'm sorry if someone was offended by it, but I really didn't mean any harm.

SmokinMom:
I didn't see anything distasteful about the armpit picture. It was exactly that... an armpit! If you read the poster it was obvious. That was the joke. :holysheep:

Like I said before, if you can't tell a fat joke in front of a fat person then there is no reason to tell it at all. I have to agree that being able to laugh at yourself is the best way to get through life. I didn't see anything dark about the pictures I posted. If I would have seen something "bad" or "dark" in the humor, I would not have posted them. Simple as that.

And Mojo, I think you took it a little too personally. I, being fat and Irish, do take a LOT of jokes at my expense... I don't get upset about any of them unless they are particularly offensive. I didn't see that any of those were.

The retards one was not making fun of anyone's shortcomings... it WAS A PICTURE OF A BIRD... my God...

Anyway, I think I'll be taking a break from MP. Until people get their sense of humor back and learn to take life a little less seriously.

I'm sure this post will be deleted. But, to those of you who do read it, and care, this is goodbye for now. I won't be surprised if I get banned for speaking my mind on this, but if not, I'll be back eventually.

Peace to all,
Metalchick

metalchick832 said:
But this place used to be fun to hang out on. The forums, especially the coffee table, were always full of jokes and good times. Lately, however, it seems like quite a few people have run out of funny smoke or something. I posted the motivational posters because they ARE funny. I'm sorry if someone was offended by it, but I really didn't mean any harm.

SmokinMom:
I didn't see anything distasteful about the armpit picture. It was exactly that... an armpit! If you read the poster it was obvious. That was the joke. :holysheep:

Like I said before, if you can't tell a fat joke in front of a fat person then there is no reason to tell it at all. I have to agree that being able to laugh at yourself is the best way to get through life. I didn't see anything dark about the pictures I posted. If I would have seen something "bad" or "dark" in the humor, I would not have posted them. Simple as that.

And Mojo, I think you took it a little too personally. I, being fat and Irish, do take a LOT of jokes at my expense... I don't get upset about any of them unless they are particularly offensive. I didn't see that any of those were.

The retards one was not making fun of anyone's shortcomings... it WAS A PICTURE OF A BIRD... my God...

Anyway, I think I'll be taking a break from MP. Until people get their sense of humor back and learn to take life a little less seriously.

I'm sure this post will be deleted. But, to those of you who do read it, and care, this is goodbye for now. I won't be surprised if I get banned for speaking my mind on this, but if not, I'll be back eventually.

Peace to all,
Metalchick

I hear ya, can't say sh*t these days (literally) without some tight azz getting all worked up. Just roll with it I say, if a forum doesn't like what u have to say then just stop posting on it and read other posts. That way you wont offend anyone and u can still enjoy it when someone else offends someone.

People just want something to cry about. Simple as that. Theyre attention needy, bored and want something to ***** about. Sad. I say these people need a SERIOUS REALITY CHECK.

*** HELLO THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOUR STUPID FRAGILE LITTLE BUBBLE SO GET USED TO IT!!!! ***

:yeahthat: I don't remember who was complaining in that thread, but I always believed in Freedom of speech....

That's the beauty of the internet. Since you don't like it here anymore, I hope you find a group that satisfies your needs elsewhere.

I saw the armpit picture as nothing more then a jab at the folks who didn't appreciate your pics to begin with. It was a distasteful pic even if it were just an armpit. It was made to look more like another body part and you know it.

I will continue doing my part to keep MP a tasteful joint. You're right, some may be overly sensitive. But concern for those folks shouldn't be overlooked either. It takes all sorts to make our group great.

Metalchick, who's the one being overly sensitive now?

Anyways, good luck to you and yours whether you decide to stick around or not.

I laughed at the posters. i have one of homer simpson that i would love to post, but it would be deleted i am sure. Called homer bashing....lol. They used to say Humor is the Best Medicine.....readers digest.

We all know we cant keep some of the people happy all the time and all the people happy some of the time.So,IMHO kick back,smoke some weed and just let it go.Who cares what anyone thinks.If YOU think its funny.Thats fine but you have to respect the people that dont think it is funny.But,Also the people that dont think its funny should respect the freedom of some one that does think it is funny.We are all ways worried about what someone thinks or what they might say,so we are jumping from foot to foot.Lets get some balance back and evryone RESPECT evryone.Thats what this site is about(well MJ)you see what I am trying to say.If you have any bad feelings about anything that is going on,on here.It is simple,just log out,smoke out,and then chill out.Then when you come back on later on.You all ready put it in the past.And this is MY TWO CENTS.Keep it GREEN:hubba:

absynth said:
People just want something to cry about. Simple as that. Theyre attention needy, bored and want something to ***** about. Sad. I say these people need a SERIOUS REALITY CHECK.

*** HELLO THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND YOUR STUPID FRAGILE LITTLE BUBBLE SO GET USED TO IT!!!! ***

thats true, but i youd think a stoner website would have less whiners. I guess some are pre-toke threads.

louis said:
:yeahthat: I don't remember who was complaining in that thread, but I always believed in Freedom of speech....

That's good. However, it has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

Ok, first off i'll focus in on your last sentance, saying your going to be banned for your opinion.... Not so, your allowed to state that freedom in it...

Now i could see if you just came in here and flammed the world... Although you could have done with out the pointing of fingers, by acctually bringing up the peoples names.... I've learned my lesson in that.. ha, i've learned alot here and thats what counts

Look at it this way, some people can't take a joke, just brush it off and pretend it never happend. I still have fun here on MP or i wouldn't have been coming back for the last 2 years, acctually it's almost 3 in January.
Everyone i have ment on this bored are decent kind hearted pot heads just like me... don't take that for granted, this site is a resorce of both social growing and of course our passion of marijuana.

If you want take a break from the site, but know nothing here has changed, we are still all the same as we were, and all the same as we will be. The site is growing in size, make exceptions for some people who might take offense. You did right by apologizing, just like i do everytime i use a very vulgar word that some would start a flame war over.

Then when you come back maybe the site will be a little different, only that there are more memebers, the rest of us will still be fun loving, marijuana toking, ** harping, word slanging guys and girls. we will always rip on each other, and we will always agree to disagree... it's just a matter of your point of view.

does that make sense??

A stoner board would be nicer if the jokes were uncensored. That would create funnier threads and a better high

allovher said:
A stoner board would be nicer if the jokes were uncensored. That would create funnier threads and a better high

Not everyone agrees with you. I think exactly the opposite.

Since there are plenty of me and plenty of you, then the only thing that makes sense is to make it so it doesn't insult any members.

Foul language doesn't improve anything in this setting.

:hitchair:

I agree that something strange is happening.....................

I can't really understand what it is.....

It seems that maybe the gloom of winter arriving is affecting everyone but as a group we will work through it. Maybe to many people are frequenting the site sobre :p

I for one have noticed that perfectly harmless and funny jokes are being misinterpreted. I think that is a very important word. "Misinterpreted". Forum members are posting responses without giving thought about what the thread or posts intended meaning may have been. And then taking perfectly good threads and flaming them. I have seen a few good threads get led astray and then turn negative. Remember people don't get offended. People "choose" to become offended. If you find something offensive, just flag the post. Thats why the option is there. Let the mod's deal with the post. Before you respond negatively to a misunderstood, misinterpreted post, give some time to think about the context of the post.

this is a very chill place. I think all members enjoy eachothers company. There is always an awkward time as you try decifer a new members personality by the context of there posts. Thats the nature of the web. Give eachother a chance and the benefit of doubt before you start critisizing and JUDGING members by there posts.

Be Kind and smoke Kind.

peace

Why make a motivational poster thats not motivational?

Cuz its funny. Motivational posters are not funny. I think the point of that thread to begin with was to enhance my "Perma Grin".

Are we banning funny around here now? Is this going to be interpreted as a negative post? I hope not. its not meant to be such.

I'm just pointing out the reason for that thread was not "motivation" but "humor".

IMHO

I love you all. each and every one of you. Seriously :eek: I'm looking forward to getting high with you all tonite.

Peace

It's better that wasy cuz when yer high u might say something stupid and it would be nice to not go to a site expecting to have fun then finding out everyones little feelings are hurt :...( and your getting whinned at. Buzzkill

Part of the problem with the way non-MJ-smoking people see those of us that do smoke, is that they often compare people who think like you, to people who think like me.

If you do "stupid" things when you're high or you can't control your mouth when you're high, then that's really not the fault of the MJ, it's because you can't control yourself when you allow yourself to get higher than you can handle.

Non-MJ-Smokers are always using some excuse like "Look how rude and weird acting they are" because they just witnessed some immature little person acting like a butt-head while they were high.

When people act like butt-heads when they're high, or just do something that they normally wouldn't do because it's not polite or appropriate to the circumstances, then the problem is in that persons control of themselves. People who don't smoke MJ shouldn't fault MJ for the actions of someone who is a butt-head when they're high.

There are a few Mothers and a couple of Grand Mothers on this site. They smoke weed and read a lot of the posts. I happen to know that one of them thinks people who don't have enough willpower to control themselves while high are like misbehaving children.

So I guess if you feel people are "whining" at you because of how you act when you're high, and you think that when someone expresses a dislike for your actions that "everyone's little feelings are hurt", then I would say the problem is not in who you are talking about, but in yourself.

This is one cool place, man. If you chill long enough to find that out, you'll like yourself for doing so.

Peace

want an example of something stupid and immature... take me riding down the hill on a shopping cart, and then eating concrete.... problem i wasn't high, maybe if i was i wouldn't have done it... to all non marijuana smokers.. i don't trust myself sober, i can control myself high... i dunno was just a side comment, not sure where it came from.. but i did that and it was stupid and immature.. but fun until i ate pavement...

anyway i just wanted to say the last comment was a good post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back