I feeel like a bad dad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluealein56

Misderected Hostilty
Reaction score
im a new mj grower, and im committed to topping cause i know its whats best, but does anyone else get to feeling really bad right before topping? I feel like i been watching over her for so long and now, just snip. i guess i should look at it as a hair cut, but i still feel so wrong.
oh well off with the siccors. wish me luck this is my first top ever

I top all of my plants they love it imo. Also 2 or 4 heads are better than one, I figure. humm!! Good luck!! :D

I usually top 2 or 3 times. It only hurts for a minute...lol

anyone know a good guide to follow for a first time topper?? maybe videos or pictures would be excellent...

When topping, it best using a sterilized razor blade isn't it..? Planning 2 top when big enuff nd 1st timer 2 lol

Topping for more bud sites and bushy plants doesn't bother me.

How about topping the main stem, and after awhile tie down the two main stem colas that grow as a result of the topping? Also, when the side branches get big, top a few of them too. When I top side branches I try to keep it symmetric. For example, if I top a side branch, I also top its mate that's opposite it. This is just a suggestion; there are many different ways to do it. Personally, I only top once per branch. That is to say, I don't top new growth that develops as a result of the original pruning.

Above, I recommended that you tie down the top colas, because that will encourage the side branches to grow, and stimulate new side branches to develop as well. Plus, depending on how much time you let your plants vegetate, you can also tie down side branches.

How about clicking on the Resources link for information on topping and low stress training.

Don't be afraid to top your plants, they'll get nice and bushy like that. Plus, when you top, you only need to snip off the tiny new shoots that are situated between the two existing branch tip shoots.

Alistair Young said:
Topping for more bud sites and bushy plants doesn't bother me.

How about topping the main stem, and after awhile tie down the two main stem colas that grow as a result of the topping? Also, when the side branches get big, top a few of them too. When I top side branches I try to keep it symmetric. For example, if I top a side branch, I also top its mate that's opposite it. This is just a suggestion; there are many different ways to do it. Personally, I only top once per branch. That is to say, I don't top new growth that develops as a result of the original pruning.

Above, I recommended that you tie down the top colas, because that will encourage the side branches to grow, and stimulate new side branches to develop as well. Plus, depending on how much time you let your plants vegetate, you can also tie down side branches.

How about clicking on the Resources link for information on topping and low stress training.

Don't be afraid to top your plants, they'll get nice and bushy like that. Plus, when you top, you only need to snip off the tiny new shoots that are situated between the two existing branch tip shoots.

TOP & TIE,COULDN'T AGREE MORE
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Gallery/showphoto.php/photo/6621
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Gallery/showphoto.php/photo/6622

Latest posts

Back