i have seen it but can't find it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mauwie Wauwie

Reaction score
hello again everyone. i have seen a thread for this once and now i can't find it. i have a plant that is well i guess spinning the leafs i don't remember what its call or if its good please let me know

IMGP4549.JPG

IMGP4550.JPG

Phyllotaxi-I've read part of it before. Never experienced it in any of mine.

Gb

Mauwie Wauwie said:
hello again everyone. i have seen a thread for this once and now i can't find it. i have a plant that is well i guess spinning the leafs i don't remember what its call or if its good please let me know

Twisted leaves can be a PH problem.

thanks gb and growdude.if it is a ph problem is it to high or to low.

Could be either. Mine was to high. You should test your water that you water with. Then test the runoff so you can ph your water accordingly so that your runoff meters a 6.5.

Ok, so I looked up a page from the resource page. I found a thread by Hick on troubleshooting different nutrient disorders...

Quote from Hick:
12) a) Leaves are twisted. Otherwise, pretty much like #11. >> Zinc (Zn)
deficiency.

Zinc - Also gets locked out due to high pH. Zn, Fe, and Mn deficiencies often occur together, and are usually from a high pH. Don't overdo the micro-nutrients- lower the pH if that's the problem so the
nutrients become available. Foliar feed if the plant looks real bad. Use chelated zinc.

Got this from http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1956

I guess we will lower the PH to see if that solves the issue.

When we do this, what should we look for to know we did the right thing? Will the twisted leaves untwist or do we need to wait for new growth to determine if we succeeded?

HoppyFrog420 said:

I guess we will lower the PH to see if that solves the issue.

When we do this, what should we look for to know we did the right thing? Will the twisted leaves untwist or do we need to wait for new growth to determine if we succeeded?

Dont guess, get a PH meter or at least the test drops.

You will look for a PH of 6.5

We have a soil tester, 2 types but I don't think are very accurate at all. One tester has two long prongs that can test PH, Moisture, and Lumens. The other is a test tube method with tablets. I think our PH is closer to 7 and maybe higher.
We really need to invest in a good PH tester.

Thanks GrowDude

I had that problem for the first 2 weks of veg into my last grow, Im almost positive it was a high PH and Over strength nutes ! As soon as I corrected
the situation it stopped happening. Good luck ! I hope you get it resolved

Thanks Hippy. We will do our best to get one as soon as possible.. I knew our PH tester wasn't accurate.

Thanks again!!

hey hippy thanks for the read and info man.like you said you get what you paid for.what ph meter would you say is good from ebay

well we went ahead and tested the ph in the water we r using and it was really high so we put some ph down in it and got it at a good ph and then we flushed all of them with the good water i hope this works or until we get the ph meter thanks for all the help everyone

Latest posts

Back