I lost the battle against mites.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendo local

Med Grower
Reaction score
Well guys as you all know Ive been fighting the mites like crazy. was out of town for a few days and when I returned to the room, I had serious webbing wrapping my buds. have 18 plants about 4-5 are extremely bad and the others are getting hit like Iraq. Not sure what to do at this point. Only 2 weeks until harvest. I was so close to making it.
My thoughts are... Strip the plant of all leaves and leave only the buds?.............early harvest?............... Im just so frustrated I dont know what to do. Well thanks all for your help. And I look forward to your ideas and comments.

man id try to remove the webs as careful as i could and if they are fat enough bro just cut them man, because webs? some strong spider mites man but yea definately early harvest, dont feel bad bro just from now on they are your sworn enemy like my gnats are my sworn enemy every grow i have to battle them sometimes i wonder did god make gnats just to piss me off?

check the sick plants and problems forum mendo i know there was a post in there aobut these buggers (other than yours) i just cant seem to find the one im thinking of or id leave you the link to it sorry to hear about the loss of the bug war:(

Thanks dub, My buds were nice and thick now it seems like all the plants are losing there strength. Getting kinda sickly looking after bein so strong and healthy looking. Is it normal for them to look bad near harvest? This is my first grow and I was hoping for the best.

Best thing to do against these webs is to vacuum clean your buds, it will sucks the webs of your buds. Then you need some spider mite killers but that might be too late.

But vacuum clean works pretty good

Thanks MP, I actually went down town and bought a little shop vac today with a broom like attachment. Going to go out tonight and give it a shot. only 2 weeks left, I hope it helps. Thanks for the idea!

Hey mendolocal,

Sorry to hear that you got infested with *odDa*n mytes.
It happened to me as well. The difference is that i only had one girl flowering.
I had to harvest early, and some buds are better :smoke1: than others :mad:, also my first grow.

Good luck, remember that a little harvest is always better than no harvest.

Don't wait too long, those bastards reproduce quickly.

cuzigothigh

mendo local said:
Well guys as you all know Ive been fighting the mites like crazy. was out of town for a few days and when I returned to the room, I had serious webbing wrapping my buds. have 18 plants about 4-5 are extremely bad and the others are getting hit like Iraq. Not sure what to do at this point. Only 2 weeks until harvest. I was so close to making it.
My thoughts are... Strip the plant of all leaves and leave only the buds?.............early harvest?............... I'm just so frustrated I dont know what to do. Well thanks all for your help. And I look forward to your ideas and comments.
Dude i know how it feels to fight with those mites i lost six plants to those bastards still have two left that are budding but had a late start on that because of fighting those pests also I'm still fighting them on the last two plants but not as bad i use this fruit and veg spray that kills them but there eggs keep hatching i was told i will never get rid of them just be able to control them anyways i also put duck tape on every part of the stem of the plant and upside down on the soil sounds silly but it works the bastards get stuck to it and die:hubba: also when you harvest your buds you want to put duck tape on the stems when they are hanging there because as the bud drys those critters will be coming out of the budz because there is no more food or moisture for them a good friend (HGB) told me how to do all this and it works good:hubba: good luck to you on this it was a long battle for me and I'm still going lol now I'm dealing with Nat's in my indoor grow :eek: but would rather have them then those mites any day lol you might also want to look into water curing your buds that would guarantee that you get all the bugs out of them i think so look into that too good luck bro peace

Oscar said:
I was just wondering wether anyone has tried the Isopropyl alcohol 70% slighty diluted? :rolleyes:

It's a keeper and a killer! :eek:

I have not tried it, i tried spraying with a spray i bought at my local hydro.. (don't remember the name, jaja [redundant]). Didn't quite work.
I would tell you i will try using the 70% diluted alcohol, but i rather not have to try :hubba: , if you know what i mean.

peace

the best way to prevent bugs is to use Safers End All and rubbing alchol. pour 30ml of both to 1 litre of water and use as foliar spray you want to spray both top down and bottom up. usually you can detect them by looking under the leaves thats where they start then they move on to the top of the bud. you have to look very close they are very small hard to detect if you don't check under leaves.

hey mendo **** you go hit at the end and spider mites are some serrious sob's . you can find great info at this site http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7405.html

and I have always been battling the 2 spotted pos , i have just started flooding the room with predetory mites . I even placed to regular plants in the room as habitas for the predetors so i dont loose them between cuttings as i have a rooling flower room{harvest every month half the room} This way even if there are mites in the room , they are never able to get a foot hold because they have to live in fear of being the predetors ***** .
right now i have webing on 3 of my girls that are just about to finish and i can see the mites but they arnt feeding . what i have found out is the predetors are basically herding them to the top edges of the plants leafs .

which is pretty damn cool to watch .

email me if you have any questions .

Latest posts

Back