I made a mistake: is it a big deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smot_poker

Marijuana Monster
Reaction score
So as i was examining why my lights were on so late, i realized that i had pushed the little tabs on my timer up where they should have been down and visa versa. the plant appears to be (i didn't keep track of time) 5-6 weeks into flowering and i thought it was on 11/13, but it turns out it was on 13/11. obviously i changed it, but will the plant recover? i mean it's not dead or anything, but it definitely has been seeming to be stuck in time, bud-production-wise. some pistils are starting to turn orange (not that many though) but the buds haven't plumped up yet.

will the change back to the proper light cycle help it recover the lost bud and trichome production?

i'm not really freaking out here or anything, but that would be a real drag if my plant died.

this is why i've always preferred outdoor growing. sure, you can't control every aspect of the environment, but the environment will never miss a beat either. oh well, ya live and you learn.

well i'm going to sleep. hopefully i'll have some reassuring(?) info in the morning.

i hope i don't have a nightmare about my plant. :shocked:

why the weird schedule?

its either 24\0 or 18\6 then 12\12 for flower.

Hey Smot Poker-

I really doubt you've done any harm to your plants. Keep an eye out for hermis, but unlikely that that small stress would do anything.

Were you originally 13 on and 11 off or the other way around? Why did you choose that schedule? Most growers choose a 12/12 photoperiod for inducing flowering, but it is not necessarily the only way to go. Some plants can go under a 14/10. But I think you need to know your strain if you are going to adjust one way or the other.

Depending on strain, you could have as much as 10 weeks to go. They still have plenty of time to fatten up. Good luck to you.

Well i had it on 12/12 for 3-4 weeks, but then i switched it to what i thought was 11/13 to synthesize the light cycle getting closer to winter as it does in nature. as i stated in my original post, i accidentally reversed it, and that would explain why the plant has been growing more upwards instead of bulking up the buds.

Hopefully it will right itself, but i think i will set it to 12/12 for a week or two so as not to stress it too much. then i will go back to 11/13.

thanks for the responses.

Green Mojo for your ladies..

IMO you should have no worries.

Smot_poker said:
Well i had it on 12/12 for 3-4 weeks, but then i switched it to what i thought was 11/13 to synthesize the light cycle getting closer to winter as it does in nature. as i stated in my original post, i accidentally reversed it, and that would explain why the plant has been growing more upwards instead of bulking up the buds.

Hopefully it will right itself, but i think i will set it to 12/12 for a week or two so as not to stress it too much. then i will go back to 11/13.

thanks for the responses.

Keep your lights at 12/12. There is no benefit to running 11/13 and it will probably lengthen your flowering period. You shouldn't be trying to duplicate outside conditions, you should be trying for optimum indoor conditions and that is a 12/12 flowering light schedule.

ok, ok. i trust you people on here. i will keep it at 12/12, hopefully she will get back on schedule.

and ozzy, there is only one girl. this is my first indoor op after being an outdoor grower my whole life, and so i just wanted to get a feel for it with one plant and cfl's before stepping my game up to the HPS stadium grow i'm planning.

Latest posts

Back