I need a little advice from someone wise in business

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizoelio

Reaction score
I'm in the media, and just signed some pretty big talent to a project.

Except signing him has changed my money.

But signing him gives me access to way more money in the future. Also helps with marketing and advertising.

I've already tapped out everyone I know. My connections are all used up to the best of their ability.

I'm suppose to hear from more advertisers next week. But that's next week. What is a good way to get an influx of capital? Like where the heck to Angel investors hang? It's not like I can put an ad out on Craigslist and this is first major project. I've literally went down every road possible. I'm thinking of maybe responding to one of those Nigerian Scam emails offering to give me 10 million dollars if I just give them my account information. In case you haven't heard nigerian rebels killed the king ans they need to get his money out of nigeria. They can keep the money I just need 75k. Long live the king!

lol. So does anyone know of any grants or loan programs made of media products. BANKS ARE NOT friendly to the arts at all.

I'm hoping the collective wisdom of all you stoners has a tid bit of information gathered while looking for the nacho stand of a good place to get this loan or investment.

All I can offer is this, from my old school salesman training, is put on a good salesman face when you meet those investors, and whatever you do, don't let on that you've already screwed yourself, after all who is going to invest with someone who, from their point of view, perhaps can't handle their business to begin with. Perhaps business of that nature operates that way all the time, and they would know that, but even so. You want them to feel they're going to make money.
I have no idea what you can do in the meantime. Sell nachos? They're cheesy-good.

bearfootbob said:
All I can offer is this, from my old school salesman training, is put on a good salesman face when you meet those investors, and whatever you do, don't let on that you've already screwed yourself, after all who is going to invest with someone who, from their point of view, perhaps can't handle their business to begin with. Perhaps business of that nature operates that way all the time, and they would know that, but even so. You want them to feel they're going to make money.
I have no idea what you can do in the meantime. Sell nachos? They're cheesy-good.

i wish I had some nachos now.

Screwing myself was actually part of the plan from the beginning. Signing someone big in the field we are working in will help us a ton. Just doesn't help with the current liquidity we have to play with. lol

Damn... I really wish I had some nachos now.

Hey Diz. Not sure what you need the money for, but if it is only for expenses and personal money. I would say ride it out until you start recieving money from your current investment. If you take any sort of title loan or cash advance you will have to pay interest costs, which will cut into your profits in the future. If you need the money to reinvest in your business or to start marketing your new client, then I would suggest taking some of the capital you have, car, house, equipment, etc. and asking for a small personal loan from a bank. If you have good credit and some kind of capital this should be easy, if not then you will have to take the more expensive road and go to a title loan company. Here you will pay alot of interest and as I have said it will cut into profits in the future, but if the ends justify the means then maybe it is a good option. It really depends on what you need the cash for and you personal and business situation. With this information I would be able to help you more.

*kindphriend*

kindphriend said:
Hey Diz. Not sure what you need the money for, but if it is only for expenses and personal money. I would say ride it out until you start recieving money from your current investment. If you take any sort of title loan or cash advance you will have to pay interest costs, which will cut into your profits in the future. If you need the money to reinvest in your business or to start marketing your new client, then I would suggest taking some of the capital you have, car, house, equipment, etc. and asking for a small personal loan from a bank. If you have good credit and some kind of capital this should be easy, if not then you will have to take the more expensive road and go to a title loan company. Here you will pay alot of interest and as I have said it will cut into profits in the future, but if the ends justify the means then maybe it is a good option. It really depends on what you need the cash for and you personal and business situation. With this information I would be able to help you more. *kindphriend*

Well it is for a type of tv show.

We signed big talent, but banks are not friendly to media ventures.

My credit is okay... not the best, owe alot to student loans.

I was expecting success, I didn't realize that too much success can be killer to.

I tapped out everyone in my network for money. I'm only short like 50k now.

That's for production and to compensate talent. So we don't have to feed our profit points to them later.

Either way project would own, be nice if we had another Angel investor or something.... or banks weren;t such bastards to the media arts.:cry:

*kindphriend*[/quote]

Hmm thanks for input guys. Still looking for options, checking out prosper.com now.

:aok:

What about getting a loan from a small business/venture development company?The interest would be less than taking the loan from a bank I would imagine>Case in point>Small BUsiness Administration (SBA) that 'looks over' the Small Business Investment Companies (SBIC's).You could also check Credit Unions and Insurance companies.Or as you said>go with equity financing and get some people to invest :( Stocks, etc?

Actually what I am thinking now... is to use the talent I have to get a money injection.

I don;t know still weighing options... lol at this point i'll take Tony Sopranos money and deal with consequences later lol

^^haha.lol.I'd recommend something but i'd probably be banned for it :p

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
^^haha.lol.I'd recommend something but i'd probably be banned for it :p

Grow 20 pounds of Lowryders? lol

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
^^You said it, not me :p

Yea thought about that before... but I ain't a commercial grower. :(

Hey what kind of bud is that on your avatar bro? It looks awesome... was that the DLtoker bud of the month?

^^Nah.I got that image from the net.I think it's something purple from the sativa family.I think it's Purple Haze but i'm really not sure.

Latest posts

Back