I think mites.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mastersativa

Reaction score
I have been looking through the old threads and cant find it, but i thought i read before about using iso and water to kill these mites. I have used soapy water before and it worked, but i am in flower now and they are coming on strong. I am looking for a good way to kill them without hurting my ladies blossoms. thanks for the help.

forgot to mention that this time i cant see them with the naked eye. i tried to look at the leaves with my mag glass but no sucess. and the wierd part is i have more spots on more leaves than last time, thats why i said i think mites.

I feel your pain, i was there 1 month ago, i did the half water and half ISO and that helped for a bit, but once flowering i wasnt too sure if alcohol would be the best choice so i went to the HYDRO shop and got: Yard & garden Insect Killer / SAFER brand, made by OMRI organic products, i did a spray 4 every 2-3 days and so far i havent seen any signs of mites on the new leaves..

well i havent watered in a couple days so i mixed up a 1/4 iso with my fert/water in a small spray bottle and give the undersides of my leavesthat have spots and i have 2 small shoots off the sides at the bottom with tiny lil tops on em, i will test that and see how it goes. if it dont affect heri will try a little more in a couple days an so on.

confirm that you have them first before bombarding your gals with poison.
spider mites can be seen with the naked eye, however if your eye-sight isn`t too hot then use a magnifying implement, and watch for them "moving".
if you still don`t see them on the under-sides of your leaves, check for web-like matter which the mites build to enable them to move from leaf-leaf with ease.if you see this "webbing" you have a serious infestation, but like i said before-you should be able to see them moving and identify them well before this appears.
yellow dots don`t automatically mean spider mites.

if it is mites you mite want to try the asprin and water trick..

I was lookin her over again and it seems that there is tiny little black one this time, last time they were a little bigger and easier to see. I wonder if this is a different breed or just younger ones? Anyway i did give her a little misting with the iso/fertwater mix i made and she hasnt shown any kind os stress from it. I really thought she would to beacause the spray does have a strong iso smell, but she didntmind so thats cool. I will give her another mist in a couple days if no problems surface and will keep you all posted.

get 2 sponges and soak in whatever repellant you`re using, then "sandwich" each leaf sererately in between them.
doing this will hopefully get rid of the eggs and mites, although you have to do it at regular intervals like 4-5 times a day.
the mites live on the leaves and drain them of their fluid,causing the micro yellow dots, resulting in the complete destruction of your ladies.
however, if you were close to the end of flower you can "control" them long enough to harvest-then a water-cure would be the next obvious move.

Latest posts

Back