I think this plant is sick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BALD EAGLE

Reaction score
I'm a new grower and not sure if this plant is sick or not. I water the plants nightly as them seem to be happy that way. More info on my setup, I'm running around 78 degrees and 65% humidity but runs closer to 75 and 60%.

I've seen other growers trim the canopy back, is that something I should do being new or its to late at approximately 6 weeks in?

Thanks for any help you can offer me!!!

Attachments

• IMG-2414 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-2414 - Copy.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-2415 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-2415 - Copy.jpg
    786.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-2413 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-2413 - Copy.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
hola Bald Eagle

do you know what your waters Ph is?

what soil are you using?

what nutrients are you using?

my guess is your Ph is to high and you have some nutrient lockout

get the Ph right and then add some cal mag to your feeding program

just a guess

cheers
big

Yes, I test my waters ph after adding the water soluble fertilizer and aim for a reading between 5.8 and 6.5ph

The fertilizer is a mix for vegging and contains 19% nitrogen blend 5% available phosphate and 20% soluble potash.

This is the only plant that looks to be sick!

I’ll definitely get cal-mag, how much of this stuff do I need to add to the water I’m assuming?

Should I at a minimum trim the lower canopy back or just leave it if the plants stay happy?

Looks like ph problem to me too. Used to have the same issue few weeks ago. My ph was 5.8 and my girls didnt like it for some reason. Increased it to 6.5 and problem solved

Yes, I test my waters ph after adding the water soluble fertilizer and aim for a reading between 5.8 and 6.5ph

The fertilizer is a mix for vegging and contains 19% nitrogen blend 5% available phosphate and 20% soluble potash.

This is the only plant that looks to be sick!

I’ll definitely get cal-mag, how much of this stuff do I need to add to the water I’m assuming?

Should I at a minimum trim the lower canopy back or just leave it if the plants stay happy?
Anything touching the soil should be removed. Hard to say if you should trim it up without seeing the big picture.

Yes, can we see the rest of the plant? That one leaf does show signs of ph issues.
what kind of nutrients is in that bag? You mix it in water, then feed it to your plants?
Yes, The fertilizer is a mix for vegging and contains 19% nitrogen blend 5% available phosphate and 20% soluble potash. I mix it in the water then adjust the ph to 6.0 but just increased to 6.5 based on the comments.

Attachments

• IMG-2418 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-2418 - Copy.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-2419 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-2419 - Copy.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-2420 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-2420 - Copy.jpg
  • IMG-2421 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-2421 - Copy.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-2422 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-2422 - Copy.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-2423 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-2423 - Copy.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-2424 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-2424 - Copy.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-2425 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-2425 - Copy.jpg
  • IMG-2426 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-2426 - Copy.jpg
  • IMG-2427 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-2427 - Copy.jpg
As I recall, these are autos. There is a master grower on this forum named @Carty who does magic with autos. I would look over his thread ‘autos done carty’s way’ for great tips on autos. They don’t look like they need much thinning out to me but I am actually doing my first auto grow right now so I don’t have the expertise needed on autos to give solid advice. I would lower your lights slowly though(like a couple inches every couple of days . Most LEDs these days can be pretty close to the plant tops. Manufacturers usually have what are called PPFD maps based on height above the plant canopy and 12” usually seem like the sweet spot. PPFD is a measure of the light density(basically). The more light you can give to the bud sites (up to a certain point), the denser your buds will be. Overall, the plants look pretty good aside from the minor ‘nute lockout’. The leaves with discoloration wont completely return to looking normal even after you get the pH stable but will still provide energy for the plants to develop nice buds. You asked a good question at a good time and didn’t let it get too bad which is always a good thing when first learning. One more comment from me, they look like they are starting to flower so you will want to feed them bloom nutes(if they are flowering-my eyes are not that sharp this morning).

I went to a place to get the cal-mag and met the owner and learned he's been growing for over 30 yrs, I showed him the same pics I posted and told him my setup like I've mentioned here and included 1 thing I didn't mention here. I told him I bulk mix 2 gallons of feeding water at a time and put the pump sprayer in the 78 degree tent, He told me never bulk mix and sure as hell don't put the water in the tent. I did so as I thought being a new grower the 65 degree basement water would shock and kill the plant.

What are some thoughts on the remaining water staying in the sprayer in the 78 degree tent?

Water should be ok but cooler water is better. If you think about the ground, it is always pretty cool. The root zone has evolved to absorb nutrients in the cool(er) soil so using warm water will warm the soil(rain is usually pretty cool too). Nutrient absorption is temperature dependent too so that should be considered. As far as bulk mixing goes, I have always used up what I mix because I read that contaminants can grow in the solution and I didn’t want to chance it. If I mix more than I need, I dose my house plants or garden plants.

Water should be ok but cooler water is better. If you think about the ground, it is always pretty cool. The root zone has evolved to absorb nutrients in the cool(er) soil so using warm water will warm the soil(rain is usually pretty cool too). Nutrient absorption is temperature dependent too so that should be considered. As far as bulk mixing goes, I have always used up what I mix because I read that contaminants can grow in the solution and I didn’t want to chance it. If I mix more than I need, I dose my house plants or garden plants.
I started tonight mixing and using what I need and no longer have nute-water just sitting around. I'll see how the plants respond now!

we only mix up what we will use for the day

the only nutes we leaving around for a few days are the beneficial teas so they can perk a few days but keep them out of the sun , under a shade tree

but yes , water temperatures do affect nutrient uptake , both to hot or to cold will cause issues

Latest posts

Back