i thought flouro's dont give off much heat!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobshibby

Reaction score
i have an indoor grow going on,and im using 8 two foot flouro's in a grow space of about 3foot/3foot/by 8foot high.i have an extractor fan mounted on the ceiling taking hot air up into the attic and also leave the door slightly open,but the temperature still gets up on 28 degrees celsius.my plant looks dry and droopy,,,is this kind of heat normal with floro's.also i live on the coast of ireland so its only ever gets up to about 27 degrees outside,and its only about 20 degrees at the momment.

buy an oscilating fan, that`ll keep the temps down;) and strenghthen the stems

haha yea they do get hot , my grow is where i sleep , think how i feel lolz , i also have the same setup for my plants as i do for myself hardyhardyharhar ... give myself bud instead of nutes though

Dude... 27 or 28 degrees is nearly the ideal temperature!!!!!!!!!!! I am working on cooling down my closet wich is at 35 but they still look good!!! You might be overwatering ur plants!!!

Sorry i just read again... if they are dry, u r not overwatering... but it is defenetly not the temperature

dobshibby said:
i have an indoor grow going on,and im using 8 two foot flouro's in a grow space of about 3foot/3foot/by 8foot high.i have an extractor fan mounted on the ceiling taking hot air up into the attic and also leave the door slightly open,but the temperature still gets up on 28 degrees celsius.my plant looks dry and droopy,,,is this kind of heat normal with floro's.also i live on the coast of ireland so its only ever gets up to about 27 degrees outside,and its only about 20 degrees at the momment.

Yea man i thoght that to but guess not!

Comparatively speaking… Can you touch your fluoro? Can you touch an HID? That's why people say fluoros put out very little heat. It's electricity and there is always heat with that.

nah dl my fluoros are burnin hot .... well consider 24/0 constant light course they get hot :) heh

If there is a fan blowing across the plant, like there should be, the lights can get as close to the plants as you like with out burning. If you let the plant touch the light, it will burn or if you turn of the fan, the air around the bulb will be stagnant and will simply heat up to well above 100 degrees Fahrenheit. This has been tried and tested with T5 fluoros from three different manufacturers and both 2 and 4 foot tubes.

I had an in-line cooled 400W HID and I could not put my plants closer than 6 inches or so from the tube and the bulb was another 3 inches or so from the bottom side of the tube. If I did put my plants closer it was again, easily over 100F.

After your lights are on for just a half an hour they have reached their high temp. It is very bad for your lights and ballasts to keep them on 24/7. If you can give them an hour break at least a day that would be ideal for the longevity of your expensive products.

yea i using t5's , i occasionaly do 18/6 but mostly 24/0 and ive doneabit of DIY with how its attached in the grow room but at the moment the lights are real far away so how close are you actualy saying they can be ... dunno if it makes a difference but they daylight blue fluoros

I use a mix of 6,500K and 3,000K for both veg and flower. I never put them closer than an inch because something can always come up and you could not be able to make it to your grow one day to lift the light. But, if you are by your grow all the time, you can put them within 5mm and be fine with proper circulation.

Latest posts

Back